Saturday 21 March 2015

Cheating On My Wedding?

wedding, wedding planning, brides, cheating wedding, wedding cheat, wedding guilt

Weddings are big business, and I'm not just talking about the multi-million pound industry that surrounds them. Like many young girls, I often day dreamed about my big day - bed sheet veil and all. I blame Disney and their unrelenting ideal that there's a prince charming out there; waiting for each and every last one of us. Lucky for me, I found my prince; (although I'll be damned if I call him that to his face) but what of our, 'fairytale' wedding?

I've had so many lovely comments, and people informing me that planning a wedding is one of the best times of your lives, yet I can't help but wonder... Is it really?  If anything, it's a minefield of who, what, when etiquette whilst juggling tasks and trying to maintain a shred of sanity. Not to mention the sleepless nights worrying about what happens if we're in the throes of the ceremony and I have the uncontrollable urge to pee. The pressure is real and I'd be lying if I said that Scott and I hadn't had our fair share of squabbles in the process - but the question remains, is it ever right to cheat?

I'm not talking about the one-night stand, adulterous type of cheating so we can just step over that one right away. What I'm asking is whether or not we should feel guilty dreaming about the wedding we could have had? We've put a lot of effort into planning our wedding, Scott and I, and we're not alone. We've had help from so many family and friends, it's almost overwhelming, (in a good way) however I often wish we could scrap it all, run away to the registry office and sign on the dotted line. After all, what I desire more than anything is to be married to my best friend, so why the elaborate display? I feel almost selfish for thinking this way, and a whole lot of guilt thrown in there too. Don't get me wrong, I'm bursting with excitement for our day to come, and for us to share everything we've worked for with our nearest and dearest, but I'm willing to hold my hands up and say that yes, I do think of other weddings behind my current wedding's back. Does that make me a cheat? Maybe, but an honest one if ever there was. 
Share:

4 comments

  1. Aww I didn't know you were getting married? Congratulations :) I think your own wedding is scary in a way because you have so many expectations of what it should be like and you just want it to be perfect.

    vvnightingale.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lovely.. I agree with your comment completely! I know I put a fair bit of pressure on myself, I just want it to be perfect although I know there will be something that goes wrong - there always is! Some days I dream of just running off to get hitched but I know the day will be worth it when it comes :) xxx

      Delete
  2. Awh congrats for the upcoming nuptials. I think it's perfectly fine to 'cheat' on the idea of weddings we had when we were kids - money was no object and it was entirely our OWN idea! When you add the wants and needs of your partner, and then financial limitations, into the mix, all the ideas get skewed and rationalised... or a least that's what I've seen, anyway. Still - I hope you have the perfect day for you, and that you don't have to pee halfway through the ceremony!

    little miss fii || Fii x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a lovely comment - Thank you. I'm so excited for our day to arrive and I'll be glad to see the back of wedding planning xx

      Delete

© Life in Excess | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig