Friday 19 September 2014

A new domain... whatever that means!?

It's Friday and I'm sitting here eating a banana... seductive. I'm a beacon of health and prosperity at the moment; and by that I mean I'm about 80 percent certain that I haven't worn 'proper' clothes in two days and by all intents and purposes, I'm sick. Not sick, sick, but the kind of sick where your head feels like it's lost a fight with a toilet bowl brush and you're not entirely sure who you are or what you're even doing right now. One would assume that the general consensus would be that I shouldn't even turn on my laptop, let alone be let loose on the keys and, God help us all, the public - or whatever tiny, but lovely fraction of the public that even reads the shite that seems to grace these pages, but I've been known not to take the advice of people more informed than myself from time to time and I guess today is just one of those occasions. 

First and foremost, I've only gone and got myself a cheeky custom domain haven't I! Cast your peepers upwards folks. I'm now officially www.effortlesslyexcessive.com and in a passionate speech that would rival any self-respecting politician and their frilly, Better Together undergarments, I declared to Scott that this technically means that I am now a, ''brand.' Yes, I give you permission to snigger. Okay, I really don't believe most of that. I suppose having a domain that is all my own makes me feel like I have that little bit more ownership of my blog; although I suppose I owned it before anyway. Maybe the moral of this story is that you shouldn't make big blog decisions whilst you're pumped up on Ibuprofen and Vitamin C tabs or maybe you should?. Either way, my blog has dug its heels into the ground a bit, like the stubborn arsehole that she is and there's been some 'interesting' behavioural signs thrown around. One of which was to reshuffle a few of my draft and published posts as well as re-publishing one of my old posts right here. It's her prerogative I guess and if anything, it's gained me a couple more page views today so I suppose I should really be grateful. 

If you follow me on Twitter then you may have noticed that I'm travelling to Estonia this weekend. (If you don't follow me on Twitter then you should because Twitter is UHmazing. I'm over here *waves hands emphatically*) Scott and I are heading to Tallinn which is the capital city of Estonia and we will be spending the night in a beautiful spa hotel where I will no doubt be spreading my germs and migraine spores all over their plush interior. You just can't take some people anywhere. In fact, the only reason we're even going away this weekend is because I had a major diva moment the previous weekend because spending three, whole weeks in the same place, counting stripes on my wallpaper, about drove me to the brink of insanity. So yea, spa weekend! Also, I've heard whispers that Tallinn is uber cheap compared to Finland so I'm going to be scouring the place for any beauty counter bargains I can pick up whilst I'm there so pop your suggestions of stuff I need to buy on a postcard folks or alternatively just leave them in a comment below. Thanking you. I'll also be travelling to Tallinn via ferry if anyone is interested in my mode of transport. I can't say I'm enthused, but needs must. 

Has anyone got any exciting plans for the weekend? I'm gonna leave you guys with this because this completely sums up how I feel about crisps, or chips if you're across the pond:



Happy weekend everyone!
Share:

10 comments

  1. Yay for the domain!
    It does mean your a "brand" or if you wanna go one step further, your 'CEO of Effortlessly Excessive' (people legit put that on their CV, it's like C'mon people, CEO of your own blog is not CV-worthy)
    And Im eating a pack of walkers as I happened to see your post on my feed, so I am completely appreciating the bird bitch pic
    x tink x
    allabouttink.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow, CEO of Effortlessly Excessive - That's something I can definitely get on board with! Maybe I should print my 'title' off, frame it and stick it on my wall? It's also definitely going on my CV - just saying! Haha xxx

      PS - I'm joking

      PPS - I now want Quavers

      Delete
  2. I'm still laughing. Boy, a little illness sure does bring out the extra snark in you! I can't wait to see what you get up to in Estonia!

    Nice move on the domain. I've been trying to get my .com for ages. Still can't get it. Some jerk over in Asia stopped using it ages ago and has decided to sit on it. Grumble...

    Have a nice weekend.

    V
    Life+1

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'm glad you enjoyed my post. No way, that's annoying about your .com! Maybe you should send someone round to 'talk'? Okay, I kid but hopefully you get something sorted soon. Thanks for commenting xxx

      Delete
  3. Oh Kirsty you do make me giggle! I know a couple of Estonians if you need any help-one will defo know where all the best make up shops are! Hope you feel better soon. I got ridiculously excited when I got my own domain recently-so official!!

    Stacey | Expat Make-Up Addict xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh bugger! I'm reading this too late.. Next time I'm over that way, I'll be hitting you up for your contacts! I did manage to find a really good make up shop that had about everything you could ever wish for but I can't think of the name. It wasn't much cheaper than Finland though to be honest. Congrats on the domain! It's a big moment right? I'm not sure why, but it totally is! xxx

      Delete
  4. Firstly: you are hysterical, i love how you have soooo much humour in your posts, made my day girlyyy<3

    Secondly: THIS IS SO EXCITING! I'm thinking of getting a domain- yours 'Effortlessly Excessive' is such a good name!<3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much. I'm glad you enjoyed my dose of waffle. Getting my own domain was such a doddle, you should look into it if it's something that you fancy xxx

      Delete
  5. Congrats Kristy! Lol. You have me in stitches as always. :-) hope you're having great time in Estonia. :-)

    Beauty Isles | An Island Girl's Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much lovely. It was great. Had oodles of fun xxx

      Delete

© Life in Excess | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig