Tuesday 23 September 2014

Hotel Telegraaf - Tallinn Estonia


If you managed to catch my post yesterday then you will notice that Scott and I spent the weekend in the city of Tallinn. Here's the link if you missed it - Click me! Being the 'romantic' that he is, Scott booked us into the Hotel Telegraaf, a stunning 5-star spa hotel, right in Tallinn's old town. 


The location could not have been any more perfect with the town hall square a mere stumble away, and the building itself is certainly very impressive. When Scott and I pulled up with our cases, we were blown away. The pictures definitely don't do it justice. 

Evening facade via website
Inside, the hotel is as equally charming. There's a real sense of old meets new which is reflected in the decor and you absolutely get a sense of why this hotel has been awarded its five-star rating. 

Lobby via website
We arrived at the hotel far earlier than our check in and so we dumped our bags before putting our tourist caps on and heading out to explore. The receptionist was thoroughly helpful and took our number so that she could give us a call when our room became available. 

Our room was on the second floor and overlooked the cobbled streets below. It was tastefully decorated and immaculately presented - I'm a bit of a stickler for cleanliness and I wasn't disappointed. 

One of our views
I need this mirror!

Now, on to the three letter word that gets my heart a beating... S.P.A. Oh my goodness, after a day on my feet, walking around the streets of Tallinn, I could not have been more pleased to don my fluffy bathrobe and soak myself in the jacuzzi until I resembled some sort of dried plum. 


Spa via website
In addition to the pool and jacuzzi, there was also a sauna and steam room too. The facilities, whilst not being huge, were excellent. You could also call ahead and book treatments if you wished; however Scott and I thought we would skip this and save it for when we are soaking up the sun in Vietnam. 

We visited the spa both on Saturday afternoon and Sunday morning and at both times, it was relatively quiet, with only one or two other people floating around. 


On Saturday evening we had a reservation at Restaurant Tchaikovsky, the hotel's resident eatery. It seats up to 55 guests and we were advised at the time of booking that it often fills up on a weekend, so booking ahead is a must!


The food is described as a, 'symphony of Russian cuisine' which means very little to my non-foodie brain, but the restaurant features high up on the list of best restaurants in Tallinn, via Trip Advisor and so we knew we were probably in for a treat. 

Now here's the best bit - pictures of all the lovely food we ordered:

Wild mushroom pelmeni starter
Lobster soup with sugar peas and saffron cream
Mushroom puree with creme fraiche - We were given this on the house as a taster
Smoked tune fillet with asparagus and oyster sauce
Roasted duck with parsnip, chokeberries and estragon sauce
Included in the meal, we were also given a selection of breadsticks and butters, a choice of brown bread and onion muffins as well as a palette cleanser between courses. Phew. To say we were stuffed is a bit of an understatement! In fact, we had to ask the waitress to delay our main courses so that we could have a bit of a rest. That being said, the food was absolutely incredible and it's easy to see why this place was full to the brim. The waitress that served us seemed genuinely enthusiastic and knowledgeable about the food that she was serving us, which is always encouraging to see. My only regret is that we didn't leave space for a dessert as I'm sure that they would have been delicious. 

On our final day we also ate sandwiches in the hotel's outdoor terrace; although Scott and I were so hungry that we scoffed the lot before I could whip my camera out for a picture. Sorry guys. Here's a lovely photograph of the terrace anyway.

Summer terrace via website
Speaking of the service at the hotel as a whole, I honestly couldn't fault a single member of staff. Everyone seemed genuinely keen to help and there was a real welcoming and inviting atmosphere in every corner of the place. It seemed that nothing was too much to ask. Excellent customer service is something that any hotel should strive to achieve and Hotel Telegraaf have hit the nail on the head. Scott and I have had the privilege of visiting some incredible hotels during our time in the Middle East and we feel that the Hotel Telegraaf sits comfortably amongst our all-time favourites. 

If you ever find yourself in Tallinn and in need of a place to stay, you really need look no further than the Hotel Telegraaf. I would love to return some time in the near future, if not to stay, then definitely to eat in the fantastic restaurant. 

Thank you very much Hotel Telegraaf for a wonderful stay.

Logo via website
To find out more, visit the Hotel website at www.telegraafhotel.com 
Share:

7 comments

  1. aww this all just looks so amazing! i am so jealous! id love it if youd comment back http://www.amyelizabethfashion.com/2014/09/my-day-at-london-fashion-week.html xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Envious of your weekend getaway - need one of those soon. Oh the perks of being in Europe! :-) You guys look like you had a lovely time. And the hotel is indeed stunning!

    Beauty Isles | An Island Girl's Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When you live in a stunning location such as you, I guess every weekend must be like a holiday! Haha.. We had a great time, thanks for commenting Kimmy xxx

      Delete
  3. Oh when I read your last post about staying in Telegraf I was hoping you also had time to eat at Tchaikovsky. I have had some fantastic meals there. Living in Dubai now you can go to however fancy place but the level of service is never the same and its what makes half of the experience in a fancy restaurant isn't it?

    Again so glad you had such a fun time in Tallinn. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Service is such a biggie for me. I've visited Dubai several times and whilst service usually tends to be good, I understand that sometimes it's not as great as you'd expect. I honestly couldn't fault Tchaikovsky, it was perfect! xxx

      Delete

© Life in Excess | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig