Monday 15 September 2014

A not-so-lazy Finnish Sunday...

If you're anything like me, then you'll know that Sundays are for adopting an almost horizontal sitting position and heavy duty pj wearing. I didn't make the rules, it's just the way it is. However, this weekend Scott and I decided we would drag ourselves out into the sunshine and clothe ourselves appropriately. Not in that order because that would be weird; and by clothe ourselves, I'm talking yoga pants and a hoodie, (On my part, not Scott's, again... weird) We donned our gym gear so that we might take our walk around Kotka serious; as a form of exercise. Almost as serious as we would take eating chocolate brownies later, but we'll come to that. 


The first stop was what Scott and I have come to affectionately know as, 'Dogging Hill.' Rewind. This is a gun/cannon of some sort. I'm no history buff so that's about as good a description you're going to get out of me today folks. We can see this from our apartment as it's just behind where we live, on a small hill. We decided to go and take a closer look which resulted in us catching two separate couples having 'fun' in the bushes - Hence the name, 'Dogging Hill' was born. I guess some people take the concept of a horizontal Sunday quite literally. 


Scott and I moved to Kotka, approximately seven months ago. During those seven months, we have driven, walked and probably skipped past the stretch of rock face above and neither of us have ever noticed these terrifying sculptures. How creepy do they look? I guess that we won't be winning an award for observation any time soon. 

After admiring the ants, we headed across town, through the park and down to the marina/beach. Yes, Finland has beaches, who would have guessed!? 


Once we had walked through Kotka's numerous parks and got more sand in my shoes than I care to think about, we dusted ourselves off and headed in the direction of home...


I say headed in the direction of home, when in fact what I really mean is that we headed completely in the direction of our favourite little coffee shop, Arome. Throughout our morning of 'exercise' I'd had chocolate brownie on the brain and so we stopped off to replace all of the calories (and some) we had just burnt, by stuffing our faces. Needs must. 

Spinach and feta quiche
Brownie for two!
After refueling, we waddled the short distance home and put our feet up with a cup of tea where we then began to finally embrace the Lazy Sunday. 


Did anyone get up to anything exciting over the weekend? 

Share:

2 comments

  1. amazing photos! that cake looks so yummy too! i'd love it if youd comment back http://www.amyelizabethfashion.com/2014/09/lynette-makeup.html xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much! The cake was delish! xxx

      Delete

© Life in Excess | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig