Sunday 14 September 2014

Dior Addict Lipstick in Pandore



Oh Dior. How you tempt me so with your gorgeous packaging and beautiful products. I'm a die hard MAC fan but there's just something about the Dior Addict lipsticks that keep reeling me back in. They are so rich and hydrating. In all honesty, I think I prefer these over any other lipstick that I have ever tried. Fact.

This particular purchase was a Duty Free treat. At half the price of what they sell for in Finland, there was no way I was going to walk past the counters without snapping one up. After a few covert maneuvers, I managed to dodge the crazy, in-your-face sales girl and swatch a few of the testers before stumbling across number 754 - Pandore. My holy grail of red lipsticks. 


Red isn't entirely my colour if I'm being totally honest. I do love a red lip as much as the next vampy girl in sky high, patent stilettos; however I find the pillarbox reds to be a touch too harsh for my complexion. Pandore has an ever so slight touch of pink about it. It's red, but not 'woah' red. I'm aware that probably makes about zero sense but I shall give you the swatch nevertheless. 


For me, this colour is so much easier to wear than the typical brights and I absolutely love it. A word on the formula. This is probably my favourite thing about the Dior Addict lipsticks. They are a wonderful, balmy, shimmery stick of goodness. They feel so comfortable to wear and their balmy texture leaves your lips feeling smooth and moisturised, which if you're anything like me, is a major selling point. The colour is semi-sheer but you can build it up for a more intense coverage. 

Pandore is one of four new, Limited Edition shades by Dior. The others are Mirage, Aventure and Wonderland. You can check them out here. I have my eye on Mirage. It looks to be such a wearable nude shade. 

If you're looking for a lipstick that packs a serious punch, this may not be for you; however if you're a sucker for a more subtle shade, then you should definitely check this out. 

Have you tried any of the Dior Addict Lipsticks? If so, what are your thoughts and are there any shades that you would recommend? 
Share:

6 comments

  1. i love thr tube that dior lipsticks come in! theyre so pretty! id love it if youd comment backhttp://www.amyelizabethfashion.com/2014/09/lynette-page-make-up-artistry-launch.html xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same, I'm a sucker for a pretty package! xx

      Delete
  2. Love the look of this, I've always been drawn to them and wanted to try them. But I'm a mac fan too and never tried, you've definitely convinced me x

    tmzn loves x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love them. The formula is perfect for me! xxx

      Delete
  3. Oh wow what a gorgeous shade! Dior's packaging is always so stunning x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right!? I'm terrible when it comes to packaging. There are some products I just won't buy because the packaging puts me off! *Slaps wrist* xxx

      Delete

© Life in Excess | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig