Friday 26 September 2014

L’Oréal Color Riche Collection Exclusive - Eva's Nude


Trying to find the perfect nude is a bit like walking into a Topshop sale and resisting the urge to part with your cash - in short, it's difficult and takes a fair bit of commitment and dedication. I remember all too vividly the, 'concealer lip trend' of a few years back and it's safe to say, I wasn't a fan. As a result, I've been a bit wary of the nude lipstick. I didn't think we would get along nude lippie and I and so I've probably been more picky than I would be given any other colour. 


If you caught my post from earlier in the week, you will have seen that I spent the previous weekend in the city of Tallinn, in Estonia (Link here) Whilst there, I managed to pick up this lovely nude offering from L’Oréal. It's part of the Color Riche range and these limited edition Collection Exclusive lipstick shades are custom made and selected by some of L’Oréal's iconic ambassadors. 

I opted for Eva Longoria's - Barely Golden Nude which is a gorgeous beige/peach colour. Now, I've swatched a fair few nude lipsticks over the past few months and none of them blew me away like this one did. A great first impression. 



The pigmentation is great and you get a generous dose of colour with just one swipe. The Color Riche applies like a dream and is very comfortable to wear. It's creamy and rich, my favourite type of formula. It sits well on the lips and feels soft and moisturising. The finish is similar to a MAC Cremesheen, it's fairly glossy but not overly so. My absolute favourite part of the formula however; is the fact that it smells like Parma Violets - seriously! Ahhmazing. (Cue me pulling ridiculous pouty expressions when wearing it to catch a whiff.) In terms of longevity, I'd say you will get around 3-4 hours worth of wear out of this before you're going to want to touch it up. Not bad for a drugstore brand. 




Let's talk presentation. I'm such a visual person and I think for me, a good-looking product is essential to get me to part with my cash. I must confess, I did briefly consider purchasing a similar shade to this from Maybelline; however the packaging felt so flimsy and to be frank, it was pretty, darn ugly. The Color Riche Nude Collection come in sleek, black and gold cases which feel more akin to higher-end products; and even the engraving across the stick resembles the likes of Clarins Joli Rouge and Nars Audacious. The packaging feels secure when fastened and so it's unlikely that the lid is going to run amok in your handbag - Hooray!


Thoughts? I'm smitten with this product. It's a perfect nude shade for me and the quality certainly rivals that of some of the pricier lipsticks on the market. Once again, L’Oréal have pulled it out of the bag with their products and they have firmly secured their place as one of my ultimate fave high-street brands. 

If you're interested in the Color Riche Nude Collection, which you bloody well should be by now! Then they come in a variety of six shades which are suited to specifc skin tones. Eva's nude is described as being for light-medium skin tones, but they cater for fair skin, all the way to more olive and deeper skin tones too. You can check them all out right here

Have you tried any of the Color Riche Collection Exclusive lipsticks? If so, what are your thoughts? Do you rate or hate a nude lippie?
Share:

10 comments

  1. This looks lovely, the packaging especially looks quite high end!
    I love a nude lipstick :)

    LondonBeautyxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My thoughts exactly. It's quite impressive for a relatively inexpensive lipstick. xxx

      Delete
  2. I was so confused at first because I kept thinking.. "That's a nude color?!". That would not look nude on my fair skin! And then I saw the bit about Eva Longoria. But of course. That would be nude for a nice olive toned skin color. I'm curious how it looks on your skin. You should post a pic!

    Have a great weekend!

    V
    Life+1

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, sorry for the confusion. I uploaded a picture of me wearing it via my Instagram account so you can check it out there if you wish. It is a touch on the darker side but I struggle wearing the lighter nudes. They just don't work for me xxx

      Delete
  3. What a gorgeous lipstick! I too struggle with nude lips and still haven't found my perfect nude although I think I may have to buy this as it might be it! Photos are amazing as it your post. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much. I really struggle with lighter lip colours and so this is perfect for me. Nude lips can be so tricky to get right. If you pick up this lipstick, I hope it works for you. Fingers crossed xxx

      Delete
  4. Such a beautiful lipstick! Will definitely be trying it out soon! Thanks for introducing me ;)
    Lots of love x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem at all! I hope it works for you xxx

      Delete
  5. Ooh that's a gorgeous shade! I have the Doutzens' nude and I love it, but it's very pale! xx

    Gemma // Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's lovely isn't it? Yes, I remember seeing that shade, it's a very pale pink if I remember rightly. I like that the collection have a variety of shades to suit most people - definitely a winner! xxx

      Delete

© Life in Excess | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig