Wednesday 3 September 2014

Moving day!

Today is moving day and I must confess that I have scheduled this post because at this current moment it is quite possible that I am drowning somewhere in a sea of boxes and bubble wrap. 

After the numerous trials and tribulations of living in my old apartment, I can finally close the door and start afresh in apartment A6. Okay, I must confess that I made that up as I don't actually know my address or the number of my apartment for that matter. All I know is that we're on the sixth floor and that is good because we get great views of the park below. Memorising an address is difficult enough when you're living in a small town outside of Manchester, not so much when you're living in a small 'city' in Finland. There's a street in my town called Kymenlaaksonkatu which is far more letters than any one word needs. 

This weekend we have planned one of those god-awful trips to IKEA - you know the ones - it starts well enough, but before you know it you're bickering over cushion covers and losing your will to live in the warehouse. Team that with the fact that nothing is labelled in English and you pretty much have a recipe for a taxing day out. On the bright side though there are hotdogs... Plentiful hotdogs. Every cloud has a silver lining I guess. This is quite probably the sole reason that I have managed to convince my other half to participate in the IKEA nightmare, I'm considering that as a clever little marketing strategy by the Swedes. Serve food and men will come. Well played IKEA, well played indeed.

So for today, I will keep it short and relatively sweet. I apologise sincerely for being an absolute rubbish blogger this week and I promise that full service will be resumed as soon as the moving process is complete; although I have just been informed that will we be without WiFi for two, whole weeks - Nightmare! Looks like I'm going to be lurking around my local coffee shop in the coming weeks. 

Hope everyone is having a happy Wednesday. I shall leave you with this because it made me chuckle. 

Share:

5 comments

  1. Good luck with the move :D I don't know how i would cope without wifi for 2 weeks ahh, at least Finland has wifi pretty much everywhere in the shops etc! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you... We're all in just trying to finish the mammoth task that is unpacking! I've managed to hook up my laptop to my phone and using WiFi through that so life is good again; although my phone bill probably won't be!! Thanks for commenting lovely xxx

      Delete
  2. Hope everything is going well with the unpacking and what not. How was Ikea? :-)

    Beauty Isles | An Island Girl's Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you... I go tomorrow, wish me luck! I may never escape!! xxx

      Delete

© Life in Excess | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig