Tuesday 30 September 2014

I Heart Makeup #SELFIE Eye Shadow Palette by Makeup Revolution


Okay, Okay, admittedly I'm a little slow off the mark with this one. I'm pretty convinced that the majority of people have heard us bloggers chirping on about purse-friendly brand, Makeup Revolution and their bloody fabulous range of high-end looky likey products. Here's some of my previous reviews relating to the brand: Blushing Hearts Peachy Keen BlusherAmazing Lipstick and Lip Power Duo and Vivid Baked Highlighter in Peach Lights

Today, we're taking a look at the #SELFIE eye shadow palette, and here it is in all its glory:





First off, I was a little bit surprised at the size of this palette. I don't know why, but I expected it to be bigger than it is. Saying that, I wasn't necessarily disappointed. It's about the size of my hand, which isn't huge but nevertheless, it isn't tiny either. I guess it's the perfect compact size for taking on your travels or shoving in your handbag if you like to 'makeup' on the go. 

I'll hit you with the swatches:

From left to right:
Check Us In,
 Me Me Me!,
 #Chocfix,
 Goldigga
and #Awks

From left to right:
#Love,
Share This,
#Trashy,
#Club
and How Many Likes?
Eagle-eyed readers will have counted ten shades right there; and with the palette retailing at a penny short of a fiver, (£4.99) that works out at just under 50p per shade! Bargs. 

So let's chat about the shadows themselves. You simply cannot argue with the quality of these, the shimmer shades in particular. They are fantastically pigmented, (Phew, that's a mouthful!) and they blend like an absolute dream. It must be said that the matte shade #Chocfix and the black #Club, aren't on a par with the other shimmery shades in terms of the pigmentation and colour payoff; however they are still usable and welcome additions to the overall lineup. 

My favourite shades are Check Us In as a great base shade, #Awks, #Love, Share This and How Many Likes? - So not many then! I'm a big fan of warm, bronzy, neutral shades and there really is so much to love in this palette. For me, it's a great smokey-eye companion, and the full size mirror on the inside lid is perfect for getting up close and personal with when applying your eye makeup. 

The I Heart Makeup #SELFIE palette also comes with a free mini eye primer, which admittedly, I've used less as a primer and more as a lazy, quick swipe over the eyes, product when I don't really feel like doing much with my face. The palette also comes equipped with a spongey brush, which I can't say I've used but it feels pretty sturdy and would no doubt do the job. 


Would I buy this palette again second time round? Absolutely. Would I recommend it to a friend? A big, fat YES. It's a great palette, despite the teenybopping name and the fact that whenever I look at it, I get the Selfie song stuck in my head, but I'm willing to live with all of that for something I literally reach for most days because of its versatility and just down right, bloody lovely shades. Should you go out and buy this palette? Without a doubt! 

Here's a Face of the Day post that I did recently using the #SELFIE palette - Click me! 

Have you tried any of the I Heart Makeup or Makeup Revolution eye shadow ranges/palettes? What are your thoughts? 
Share:

6 comments

  1. I haven't tried any of the Makeup Revolution products yet because I really wanted to read lots of different reviews before I bought anything and now I think I'm ready to head out to their page and order lots of stuff, haha. This palette looks amazing!

    My life as Anu | bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooo, have you any thoughts on what you would like to buy? I'm definitely wanting to pick up more of the eye shadow palettes because the quality of them are excellent - especially for the price! xxx

      Delete
  2. Definitely need to jump on the bandwagon with Makeup Revolution, I haven't been shopping in forever so I think a trip to superdrug is on the cards! I can't wait to get my hands on this palette, I've heard so many great things about it! x

    Maddie // itsthatplacecalledhere.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You do indeed. I use this palette all. of. the. time., seriously! It's a great little all-rounder. xxx

      Delete
  3. It's like an affordable naked palette! It looks really pigmented, and such lovely colours, I think a purchase might just have to happen!! :) Gold digga looks like the perfect Christmassy gold.

    Hazel Jane xx
    hazeljane.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah yes, Goldigga is very festive! Good shout! If you pick it up, I'd love to see your thoughts on it. I think it's fab xxx

      Delete

© Life in Excess | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig