Monday 4 May 2015

Waffle... (and not the potato kind)

I'm a little late off the mark here, but May... really? Maybe it's a culmination of the fact that there are wedding tasks still to be done, (mostly me getting that bride-to-be bod) and that Scott and I are in a sort of limbo, not really sure what or where our future will lie, that has made this year feel like it is steam-rolling in. Can we all just take a moment's rest please!? 


On Friday, Scott and I will be jetting off to a very exotic Manchester. It feels like we haven't been back to my neck of the woods for some time and so I'm looking forward to reacquainting myself with the Trafford Centre. You know, priorities. Okay I kid, the reason we'll be back in Blighty is due to the fact that we have yet to source our wedding rings. Nothing like cutting it fine. Thankfully, we both have a pretty good idea of what we want so I'm guessing it's just going to be a case of trying a few styles on and getting them ordered. I shall no doubt keep you posted.

Let us also not overlook the fact that being back in the UK calls for my favourite eight-letter word - S.H.O.P.P.I.N.G.  *squeal* One day, (hopefully soon) I will be living in a part of the world where being able to shop isn't considered as a luxury, however, today is not that day and I'm already creating a mental list of all the things I want to pick up. Being out of the loop means that I often get too excited when faced with a real shop and so careful forward planning is my trusty companion. For those that speak Boots, I'll be taking suggestions on a postcard at the end of this blog post. Yes, I'm aware that the above paragraph makes me sound like a vacuous waste of glorious air, but needs must. 

In other news, and to touch upon the briefly mentioned, 'bride-to-be bod' I have embarked on an exercise routine that would give Mr Motivator a run for his money. Firstly, if you don't know who Mr Motivator is, then we can't be friends. Secondly, LOL-ing (and that's a phrase I don't use lightly) at the fact that when faced with the task of needing to name someone 'fitness' related, his was the only name I could think of. Here's hoping my core muscles are firmer than my knowledge of the athletic world. In all seriousness though, despite my solid exercise routine, I still need to learn that stuffing your face with a Mars bar the minute you step off the exercise bike; is not a valid fitness strategy. As a side note, people who use the term: clean eating/clean living/clean n lean (okay, I made the last one up) should be banned from appearing on my Instagram feed. I do not need to be shamed by your granola, kale chip, gooseberry, breakfast souffle whilst I'm stuffing my face with jammy toast. Just saying. 

In additional, other news, I failed at getting my hair cut today. My excuse being that I'm not feeling too chipper, which isn't entirely an untruth. I have a love/hate relationship with my hair and despite our differences, I do feel rather attached to it. It's long enough now to skim my bum like a lurker at the bar and I'd be lying if I said that it hadn't on one occasion got caught in my armpit. I'm not sure how it happened, but it's one to tell the grand kids about. My hair and I have a mistrust of foreign hairdressers - which sounds like a UKIP party slogan but what I should really say is that I find it can be difficult to fully explain what you're hoping for to someone who doesn't speak the same language as you. The last time I had my hair cut in Finland, I had the most blunt, shapeless cut; despite using the words texture and layers more time than I care to recall. It's my fault, I know, and I'm sure that if my command of the Finnish language extended to more than 'peruna juusto' which literally translates to potato cheese, I would have received a cut more in line with what I was looking for. 

Last but not least, I shall leave you with this, because this chocolate bar just about sums up how I feel today:


Normal service will resume tomorrow, but for now... Moi Moi! 

Share:

6 comments

  1. This picture made me laugh! I hope you manage to find your rings :) and enjoy a good bit of shopping (I go crazy when we visit the city) x

    www.sheintheknow.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you liked it Rebecca :) We bought our rings *hooray* and went mildy crazy, (if there's such a thing) when it came to the shopping. It was fun xxx

      Delete
  2. You are such a funny writer, Kirsty - I actually giggled all the way through this (and I'm listening to The Smiths while I read, so that's really saying something).

    I too am not a fan of the #eatclean brigade - I have never grown out of Nutella for breakfast and their love of avocado and egg whites won't sway me.

    Good luck with your wedding ring shopping and fitness plan! When I first got a Wii Fit I posted a photograph of Mr Motivator on my Facebook because he was the only fitness-related person I could think of (and has the best work out clothes) - I can hand on heart say I don't know where my Wii Fit is now, so unfortunately even Mr Motivator couldn't help me.

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh, you make me blush girl! Thanks for your lovely comment. You wouldn't catch me having a avocado for breakfast unless it was maybe hollow, brownish in colour, oh, and made out of chocolate. ;) xx

      Delete
  3. Hope you have a fab time in Manchester-I am super homesick and feeling in limbo since my boss left last week! I totally know who Mr Motivator is btw

    Stacey | Expat Make-Up Addict

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, feeling for you darling! Fingers crossed things settle down for you and you get back to a bit of normality. I'm glad we have some fellow Motivators in the bloggersphere. xxx

      Delete

© Life in Excess | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig