Saturday 16 May 2015

Huggable Lips?

I bought new things from MAC. I planned on starting this post with a brief description of how I came by these products whilst home in the UK but I know you're here for the good stuff so I'll wade right in. My mini haul, (if you could even call it that) consists of a lipstick from the MAC Huggable Lip Colour range and a Pro Longwear Blush in the shade Blush All Day. 

MAC lipstick review, MAC blusher review, MAC Huggable Lip Colour Im In swatches, MAC Blush All Day review and swatches, MAC swatches, beauty reviews, make up reviews

The lipstick shade is called, 'I'm In' and is a more or less sheer, pinky nude with tiny flecks of golden shimmer running through it. It isn't the most pigmented lip colour from MAC but I have been known to rock a subtle, semi-sheer lip from time to time. This lipstick reminds me ever so slightly of Dior Addict in Spring Ball - a lippie I loved wearing last Summer. I would say that you get a better colour payoff with MAC, but they aren't too dissimilar in terms of how they wear. 

MAC lipstick review, MAC blusher review, MAC Huggable Lip Colour Im In swatches, MAC Blush All Day review and swatches, MAC swatches, beauty reviews, make up reviews

One thing I will jump right in and rave about about is the fact that I love how glossy the Huggable formula is. I feel sort of meh about lipgloss. Frankly, I find it a bit of a hassle; however I do love the look of a glossy lip. This is a happy medium for me. It gives a nice sheen to the lips without being sticky or too slippery. The Huggable Lip Colour isn't the most lightweight lipstick formula that I have tried, but I like how it wears. It's comfortable, applies well and is pretty long-lasting considering it's a nude-ish shade. I got around 3-4 hours of wine guzzling before the colour faded to a barely-there pinkish tinge. 

I hate to use the phrase, but it really is one of those, 'my lips but better' shades. I'm kicking myself times a billion for not picking up the shades Play it Soft and I'm Game. Yes, it probably doesn't warrant buying both so if pushed, I'd be inclined to say I'd go for I'm game - all the swoons. If you're thinking about picking one of these up, I would definitely say, "Go for it!"

MAC lipstick review, MAC blusher review, MAC Huggable Lip Colour Im In swatches, MAC Blush All Day review and swatches, MAC swatches, beauty reviews, make up reviews

Blush All Day was a total impulse buy. One minute I was making my way to the till to pay for the lipstick and the next I was getting sucked into the blusher stand. It was only last month that I invested in a new MAC blush, (Breath of Plum) and so technically speaking, I didn't need to purchase another. You know how it is. 

I was drawn to how soft and delicate the shade is. If I wanted to nail the no-make-up-make-up look, I'd use this blusher. It gives a really lovely, yet subtle flush to the cheeks and (as I've been saying to justify every purchase I've made lately) it will be perfect for the Summer months. I feel that has become my life's motto. I probably need a holiday. I've also been hammering the fake tan lately but that's a story for another day. 

For a day-time blush, I'm a fan. It has a touch of shimmer, but I wouldn't describe it as a shimmery product. It's barely noticeable and translates as a more satiny finish on the skin. If you're looking for a super noticeable blush, you're either going to need to build this one up, or step away from it altogether. I imagine this is one of those Marmite shades. In the evening, I paired this with Soft & Gentle for a bronzed goddess, dewy make up look. It's not a showstopper, but for me, it's a pretty addition to my blusher arsenal. 

I shall leave you with a gander at the swatches:

MAC lipstick review, MAC blusher review, MAC Huggable Lip Colour Im In swatches, MAC Blush All Day review and swatches, MAC swatches, beauty reviews, make up reviews
L-R: MAC Huggable Lip Colour Lipstick in I'm In & MAC Pro Longwear Blush in Blush All Day
*Fingerless hand sold separately. 
Share:

11 comments

  1. That lipstick is a gorgeous colour!! Similar to you, I love the look of glossy lips, but lip gloss can be such a pain!! xx

    Abi | abistreetx.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, I'm not a fan of the gloss but this is a great alternative. I really love this lipstick x

      Delete
  2. I love the huggable lip colour! It is amazing how long the colour lasted. I am exactly the same as you! When I walk to the till I seem to end up somewhere else buying more... x

    Mapped Out | Fashion, Beauty, Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know.. I really want to pick up more shades soon. It's really hard not to go crazy at the MAC counters. I don't think I've ever been able to stay focused and walk away with just the thing I went in for! xxx

      Delete
  3. OMG how gorgeous is that lipstick colour?! MAC is the most dangerous place to walk into!

    Kal x

    Cluttered Closet

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tell me about it! I would definitely recommend checking out the Huggable Lip Colours though. They have a lovely shade selection. x

      Delete
  4. I haven't tried the huggable lipsticks yet but the formula sounds right up my street and the shade you picked out is stunning. Will definitely be checking them out very soon x

    Beauty with charm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like the formula. I think there's a mix of semi-sheer and more opaque formulas which should suit everyone. I don't mind a nice, glossy semi-sheer colour as that's the type of lipstick I usually wear in Spring/Summer. I would definitely recommend looking at I'm Game if you like a pop of colour. It's seriously stunning x

      Delete
  5. This looks like a perfect everyday shade which will suit everyone! :)

    Mademoiselle-Lala.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. That matte blush looks beautiful, I love the neutral shade :) Lovely photos!

    RachelShuchatMakeup

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the lipstick! Such a wearable shade!
    Jennie Emma
    xxx

    ReplyDelete

© Life in Excess | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig