Tuesday 12 May 2015

May Beauty Haul

If you acquainted yourself with yesterday's post, you will have A. read all about my shenanigans back in the UK, B. possibly been persuaded to buy a selfie stick and C. learnt that I participated in a bit of beauty shop haulin' yet again. I can tell what you're thinking - yesterday's post seems to have it all! If you missed it, pop back to Selfie Stick W***** when you're done here. You know you want to. 

Now that the formalities are out of the way, let's crack on with the topic at hand. Ahh yes, I've been buying much needed beauty products again. Scott, if you're reading this, they were all essential purchases. Yes, really. Now I do have a bit of a confession to make. I flaked in Boots. In fact, I flaked everywhere. I don't know whether I was overwhelmed by the amount of choice or was suffering a bit of early jet lag but I literally froze and only managed to walk away with this lot. See folks, this is why we wishlist. I should have been better prepared. 


First up, there was a 3 for 2 offer on all Rimmel products at Boots so I walked away with two Exaggerate Waterproof Eye Definers - 261 Noir and 240 Aqua Sparkle. I toyed with the idea of repurchasing the Scandaleyes liner in Black as the base of mine snapped off in its lid, rendering it unusable, but I wasn't ready to forgive and forget so opted for these retractable pencils instead. I'll let you know how I get on with them. I'm particularly intrigued by the turquoisey-blue shade and I'm hoping it'll make a great lower lash liner. 

The freebie Rimmel product that I picked up is the Brow This Way Brow Sculpting Kit in Dark Brown. It's a wax and powder set to shape and fix them brows. Initial thoughts are that it may be slightly too reddish in tone. I'm guessing that the wax may be more usable than the powder based on looks alone but I shall give it proper and thorough testing before reporting back. 

I also repurchased the Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer, even though I don't love it. I didn't even buy the right shade either. The thing with this concealer is that it'll do until I can kick my arse into gear and find a decent alternative. In my heart, I knew I should have picked up the new Urban Decay concealer, but we live and learn. 

From L'Oreal, I went for a Color Riche Matte Finish Lipstick in shade 228 VIP. I haven't gone further than swatching this yet but I'm excited by this one. I'm newly converted to the matte lipstick party and this pinky coral screams Summer to me. I haven't tried the matte formula in the Color Riche lipsticks, so I'm interested to see how it wears in comparison to the creamier formulas. 

In other lipstick news, I picked up one of the new Huggable Lipcolour Lipsticks from MAC in 'I'm In.' Love, love, love this already and I'll be popping a review up shortly. I need Play it Soft as a matter of urgency. I also picked up a Pro Longwear Blush in Blush All Day which is a pretty, everyday blush I plan on using for more low key make up looks. 

So come on, spill your thoughts guys. Have you tried any of these products at all and what should I be slapping myself on the wrists for not picking up whilst I was in the UK? Hit me with your suggestions so I can weep into my cup of tea... (who am I kidding, my extra large bag of Milky Way Magic Stars!)
Share:

23 comments

  1. The blush looks so lovely <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks.. It's a really pretty, subtle shade x

      Delete
  2. The MAC Blush looks lovely! I recently picked up the Rimmel Brow This Way Kit x
    Emma | Emmys Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooo, I'd love to hear what you think of it! x

      Delete
  3. I wish I could see what color the Color Riche Matte Finish Lipstick is. It's like a big shrouded mystery. :]

    // ▲ itsCarmen.com ▲

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely purchases! I love those L'Oreal lipsticks and the collection concealer is just a God send! haha x

    Sinead | Dreaming Again

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks... I definitely think I'm warming to the Collection concealer x

      Delete
  5. that mac blush looks gorgeous! i'll have to look into it, it's right up my alley!

    brooke | brooke elise beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've posted a review of it on here. It's really pretty x

      Delete
  6. Fab haul lovely.. I really want to try the Rimmel Brow Duo, as the shades look really promising xx

    Gemma | missmakeupmagpie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gemma... I think the gel/cream is a better colour match than the powder - for me anyway x

      Delete
  7. Lovely haul, love the look of that L'oreal lipstick. The packaging is super pretty :)

    vvnightingale.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooo I've never seen the Rimmerl Brow Duo before! It looks really good so will definitely check it out next time I'm in store. Such a great haul! x

    emily x ❤ | emilyloula

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It's worth a peek as it's such a bargain. xx

      Delete
  9. Ah that turquoise eyeliner! I love, love the idea of that look, I just don't know if I could pull it off! I knew I should have kept that bright turquoise liner my mum handed down to me 5 years ago.... Also, let's face it, Boots is pretty overwhelming at the best of times!!

    Amy Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh, I'm sure you could rock a turquoise eye! I'm trying to be more adventurous with my make up and I've actually surprised myself with how many things I was convinced wouldn't suit me, that actually work really well. My advice is start with a cheapy product, just to get the look; and then if it works for you, splash out on a decent product x

      Delete
  10. As I'm not sure what all is available in the U.K. market I probably can't give you any great suggestions to make you feel worse (just kidding). I get like that sometimes. Last year I had these gift certificates to spend and was all excited but when I got to shopping, I didn't pick up a thing. It was weird. Maybe we just prefer to lust after things sometimes? Lol. That being said, it's obvious from my content that I have no problem shopping. Let us know how you get on with the huggable lipsticks...I'm very curious. :-) xo

    Beauty Isles | An Island Girl's Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it was a bit of stage fright Kimmy haha. It's difficult because I don't get to shop often in Finland so I save it all up for when I'm home and then I descend into this frantic state where I'm running between counters, smeared in mascara and lipstick. It's not pretty. Love, Love, Love the Huggable lipstick. I'd definitely recommend x

      Delete
  11. I'm sure there could have been so much more to buy when you were here but no point in regretting :D! I love the look of the turquoise liner, will definitely be checking it out. Can't wait to read your review on the MAC Huggable Lip Colour as I haven't read a whole lot about these lipsticks yet x

    Beauty with charm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know.. As soon as I returned and came out of my shopping euphoria, I was kicking myself over the stuff I didn't pick up. Oh well. You can have a peek at my review of the Huggable Lip Colour on here. I posted a review the other day. I'm a fan! x

      Delete
  12. I really like the Rimmel Brow This Way kit! The blue Rimmel Eye Definer looks amazing for Summer too :)x

    Anu | My life as Anu | bloglovin

    ReplyDelete

© Life in Excess | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig