Monday 20 April 2015

Currently Loving

This post pretty much sums up my current make up routine. These products represent my every day face and are the items I find myself constantly gravitating towards. It's my first, 'favourites' style post so let me know how I do. Most of these products have already been featured on here so I will link up previous posts where applicable. Let's crack on shall we?


First up is the MAC Sheertone Blusher in Breath of Plum. In my initial review, I gushed about how much I love this product; and well... nothing has changed. Everything from the way it applies to the stunning colour is sheer perfection - quite literally. This is my daily go-to blush and I haven't even flirted with the idea of mixing things up a bit. Considering how long these little pots last, (I have Warm Soul which has been going strong for so long that it could technically be described as a relic) I think our love affair will be long and fruitful. 

palmers, palmers cocoa butter, palmers cocoa butter lip balm review, palmers lip balm review
 
Looking slightly worse for wear is my next pick, the Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula lip balm. Tatty from being hauled around everywhere with me in my handbag, the tube has definitely seen better days. In my youth, I remember being obsessed with Palmer's Cocoa Butter moisturiser and that definitely influenced me to pick this up whilst I was on a shopping trip in Holland. Right off the bat, I'm gonna say that I don't love the shape of the bullet. It's kind of a large, squashed oval shape. I'd have preferred the standard round shape but it redeems itself by being deliciously-scented, super moisturising and just all-round, bloody lovely. Try it. Your lips will thank you for it. 

we care icon, we care icon highlighter review, we care icon magic glow highlighter review, we care icon highlighter swatches

Okay, this beauty is for my Finnish friends! The We Care Icon All Over Shimmer Chic Glow Highlighter in No.1 Magic Glow, (phew, mouthful) is by far the best beauty discovery I've made since setting up camp in Finland. The finish it gives to my make up is undeniable perfection. The shimmer is almost undetectable and applied in the usual highlighter spots, this gives me a glorious, soft-focus finish to my skin. I'm in the process of stock-piling this as I can't bear to be without it. Sad, I know, but totally justified. We Care Icon also stock this in a bronzed shade which I'm seriously contemplating for Summer. 

rimmel scandaleyes eye liner review, maybelline lash sensational mascara review, maybelline mascara review, rimmel eye liner swatches

Next up we have the much raved about Benefit Roller Lash dupe, the Maybelline Lash Sensational Lash Multiplying Mascara. Okay, I can't personally vouch for the dupe status, but I've heard several other bloggers drawing up the comparisons. I purchased this mascara back in January as a cheaper, every day mascara alternative to my higher-priced products; however this has swiftly nabbed the top spot as my current most-used mascara. It still surprises me that this is a drug store formula with a drug store price tag. I wouldn't feel ripped off paying double the price for this as I really love it. It thickens and lengthens lashes with minimal clumpage. Win - win. 

Right beside the mascara, we have Rimmel's Scandaleyes Waterproof Kohl Liner in 001 Black. I initially bought this liner in silver, (you can see swatches here) and knew immediately that I needed to pick up more shades. This liner is budge-proof brilliance - even shaping up excellently on the waterline where some of the cheaper drug store brands fail. Not Rimmel though. Consistency is key with liner products. I personally hate the ones that feel too 'pencily' but this is creamy, applies perfectly and lasts me right through the day. 

GOSH eye shadow palette, GOSH smokey eyes eyeshadow palette, GOSH eye palette review, GOSH eye shadow review and swatches

Last but not least, we have the GOSH Smokey Eyes Palette in 02 Brown. As it turns out, the darkest brown shade makes for a perfect brow powder. I've been using it daily to fill in my brows, as well as using the lighter shades as an all in one, every day eye shadow look. It's a perfect package for traveling, the only downside being that it doesn't come equipped with a mirror, but we can overlook that one right? 

What beauty and/or skincare products are you currently loving? I'd love to hear your thoughts and any recommendations in a comment below. Side note - Can you believe we're nearing the end of April!? This year is just flying. 
Share:

11 comments

  1. That Shimmer Glow Highlighter looks so pretty! x

    Jordan Alice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is. It's my current holy grail product! xx

      Delete
  2. I just tried this mascara today for the first time and I'm already in love with it. It's amazing and I have a feeling I might end up liking it more than the Rocket :)

    sparklewithlaughter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear ya! It's a really great mascara - I can't believe it's drug store! Enjoy your new best friend ;) xxx

      Delete
  3. Love that MAC blush, the shade is just beautiful.The Finnish highlighter with the super long name haha looks like another gorgeous product x

    Beauty with charm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The MAC blush is unreal Alina, seriously. I'm hooked. Also the powder is uhhmazing. I'm aware that I've done nothing but gush today haha! xxx

      Delete
  4. I have Breath Of Plum on my wishlist! It looks so stunning and MAC blushes are definetly one of my faves!
    xprincessjas | ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great choice, it's such a gorgeous blusher. If you pick it up, I'm sure you won't regret it xxx

      Delete
  5. I've got the ScandalEyes as a black liquid eyeliner and it is like the best beauty thing I've ever bought. Really good quality and it lasts forever. I'm currently loving my MakeUp Revolution Death by Chocolate eyeshadow palette and Burberry Kisses. Hope you're well and we'll speak soon xxx

    Caz | Lunch Break Adventures

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooo, I don't think I've ever seen the liquid eyeliner. If it's anything like the pencil formula though, I can imagine it having super staying power!! I have a couple of the Makeup Revolution palettes. They're such great value for money. xxx

      Delete
  6. I'm currently using the same Mascara and have really been liking it! And the packaging is just so gorgeous! :) xx
    http://floralchaos.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

© Life in Excess | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig