Monday 27 April 2015

A New Look Haul

I'm just going to put it out there, New Look are killing it with their stuff lately. It had been a while since I'd placed an online shopping order, so I settled down with a cup of tea in hand and my laptop open, raring to go. I started out on ASOS and ended up drifting over to the New Look website instead, (although I did pick up a couple of Nip + Fab products from ASOS which I'm looking forward to trying out when they finally arrive.)

Unfortunately, after check out, once I thought my order had been placed, I received an email telling me that a couple of my items were out of stock... anyone else hate when that happens? Anyway, here's what made it: 

New Look, New Look shoes, New Look nude shoes, New Look heels, New Look sandals

New Look, New Look Nude Shoes, New Look Patterned Heels, New Look platform heels, New Look shoes nude

New Look shoes, New look black shoes, New Look black platform shoes, New Look black textured shoes, New Look heels, New Look heels black
Textured Zip Back Platform Heels
Okay, let's start with shoes... Confession: I couldn't decide which colour to buy so I did as any sane woman would do and bought both. Being a measly 5 ft 5 inches, I need all the help I can get in the height department and killer heels are definitely my best friend. 

New Look, New Look tank tops, New Look tank tops cream grey, New Look high neck tops, New Look high neck tank tops, New Look high neck vests

New Look, New Look tank top, New Look top, New Look high neck top, New Look top grey

New Look, New Look tank top, New Look high neck top, New Look high neck tank top, New Look top white, New Look vest white
High Neck Ribbed Tops
Also speaking of buying duplicate products, I decided to buy this top in both cream and grey. High neck tops seem to be a thing right now and I'm all for it. These tops are a bargain at £6.99 each and are great for layering up underneath other clothing or wearing as they are, (when the sun finally shows itself here!) 

New Look, New Look longline top, New Look side split top, New Look side split, New Look vest top, New Look long white top, New Look split top
White Split Side Tank Top

New Look, New Look chain belt, New Look disc belt, New Look metal belt, New Look accessories, New Look festival belt, New Look waist belt, New Look silver
Silver Disc Drape Chain Belt
I featured this belt in my Festival Inspired Style post and fell in love. New Look have a fab selection of belts on their website and narrowing it down to just one was a challenge. I imagine I'll be pairing this with floaty dresses or over a pair of denim shorts, come Summer. 

New Look, New Look slogan tee, New Look t-shirt, New Look nothing to wear, New Look slogan top, New Look white top
Nothing To Wear T-Shirt
I apologise for the wrinkles on this one. I was actually really taken aback at the state in which this tee arrived. Niggles aside, I do love a good slogan tee and the caption on this one just about sums up my life. It comes in a variety of different colours too, (it was a close call between the white and the grey!)

New Look, New Look jewellery, New Look accessories, New Look choker, New Look necklaces,

New Look, New Look necklace, New Look choker, New Look necklace close up, New Look gold necklace, New Look gold choker
Gold Layered Necklace
New Look, New Look cord choker, New Look black cord choker, New Look black choker, New Look cord necklace, New Look accessories, New Look necklace
Black Cord and Bar Choker

Last but not least, we have these choker-style necklaces. I'm absolutely re-living my 90s youth with these, especially the black cord choker but surprisingly, they're very flattering. I think that I will maybe add a couple more to my collection when I'm back in the UK in a couple of weeks. 

And there we have it. The end of my very neutral-coloured, New Look haul. What do you think of the bits and pieces that I picked up? 
Share:

14 comments

  1. Gorgeous purchases, I absolutely love your taste! Those high-neck tops are amazing and such a bargain, I'm definitely going to have to hunt those down :)!
    LOVE the heels too, I'm pleased you saw sense and bought both ;)

    Style Sunrise ☀

    :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karen - The tops are such a bargain, right!? Also, the heels are definitely different enough to justify buying both pairs... or that's how I explain it to my other half anyway. ;) xxx

      Delete
  2. Wow! These shoes are gorgeous! I wouldn't be able to walk in them but they do look beautiful, I think I prefer the cream/beige ones :) x

    Mummy’s Beauty Corner

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Being a shortie, I mastered walking in skyscraper heels shortly after potty training. I think I slightly lean towards the nude pair too. I just had to have the black for versatility x

      Delete
  3. Ooh both of those heels are so nice! Especially the nude pink ones! Lovely picks :-) xo

    Catherine | Pretty Little Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think my heart skipped a beat with the shoes, especially the black ones - they're gorgeous xx

    Gemma ♥ | Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't they just?! I've always been a fan of New Look's shoes. Total bargains x

      Delete
  5. The shoes look stunning and I love both shades but wearing heels for me happens on a very rare occasion haha so I don't invest in them too much. I love the jewellery bits you picked up x

    Beauty with charm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alina. I have to say, being in Finland, I haven't worn heels as often as I used to but I can't quite give up on them just yet. Short girl problems and all that ;) xxx

      Delete
  6. Oh wow what a lovely haul! Those heels are just amazing, New Look always have the best shoes. That top 'Nothing to wear' definitely signifies my life haha, even though I'm pretty sure i have enough clothes to last me a lifetime! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You and me both Nicole! I briefly considered buying a spare tee, framing it and popping it on my bedroom wall. I have a steady stream of new clothes flowing into my wardrobe and yet it still takes me an age to find a suitable outfit. Sigh. xxx

      Delete
  7. Those shoes are to die for! Especially the first ones. I really want the shirt that says "Nothing to wear" as that's literally me, haha :)xx

    Anu | My life as Anu | bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a great T-shirt! I wish I'd picked it up in the grey too. xxx

      Delete

© Life in Excess | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig