Tuesday 14 October 2014

The early bird catches a shitty stare!

Via Pinterest
I have to confess, I really don't understand, 'morning people.' If I scrunch up my forehead and tense my brain really hard (which I wouldn't advise because, you know, wrinkles), I can just about consider the fact that being up early, bright-eyed and bushy tailed, perhaps has some merits, i.e. you're probably the first to catch the morning news and that old one of 'seeing more of the day!' but in all honesty, I just don't buy it. You can't tell me that star-fishing in a warm, cosy bed, isn't one of life's greatest, little pleasures!

Having to get up early really isn't my cup of Tetley. And those people that say it gets easier once you get into a routine, yea.. those guys are lying. For around 18 months whilst I was teaching in Qatar, I had to get up at 5am every morning, unless I was rudely disturbed by a random cockerel, (no jokes) or a call to prayer at 4am, and then I hit that snooze button faster than I eat cake when I'm excited, but I'm telling you now, it doesn't get easier... ever, and I'd probably go as far as saying getting up early causes actual bodily pain. It hurts. It really, really hurts. 

However, what really ruffles my feathers are these noisy ass people who feel that just because they are awake, they can make as much damn noise as they like. Oh how you make me shudder in a passive aggressive manner and scrunch up my duvet covers around my head so tight that you'd better be afraid. I'm going to put it out there that if I ever became inclined to harm someone, it would be you guys. Rev that engine outside my bedroom window at 6am again, I dare ye! And for the record, I'm not a fan of listening to R Kelly at the crack of dawn so as much as I appreciate you considering my needs and trying to brighten up my morning with a jolly jingle, you can just go ahead and turn that shit down a notch or two. 

Much love. 

Oh, and before I leave, I'd like to say a big thanks to the man that inspired this post. He's been outside with his chainsaw, chopping down trees since 7:30am. Seriously, what a guy! 
Share:

8 comments

  1. When I was on holiday in Malta, the apartment we stayed in was right by a church, a primary school and a building site. The builders arrived at just after 5am, the church bells began at 6am and the school run was there by 7am. Everyone was in everyone else's way so there was plenty of car horns sounding, the kids were shouting and the builders were incredibly noisy! I don't mind an early start, but on my own terms, not a rude awakening like that!
    Jennifer x
    Ginevrella | Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness, I was having palpitations just reading that! That doesn't sound good at all! I hope you put in a big complaint to the apartment owners. xxx

      Delete
  2. I feel this on a spiritual level. Why oh why does the hoovering need to be done at 7:30am? Why do I want to listen to the Juno album shortly after that? IT DOESN'T AND I DON'T.

    Sammy xo.

    littlefickleblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, the Finn's don't like to hoover their rugs, they just like to hang them over their balcony, (which happens to be right by your bedroom window) and beat the hell out of them at 7am. Excellent xxx

      Delete
  3. I am totally a morning person...I'm actually trying to stay up late and wake up early to get the most out of my day... I stay at home and still feel like I don't have enough time to do everything I need to do. LOVE the photo you included in this post, hilarious!

    Jessica
    the.pyreflies.org

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh how I envy that you can function like a sane human being in the morning. I'm terrible! Glad the picture made you chuckle.. It pretty much sums up my life xxx

      Delete
  4. Haha, loved this post! I bet Qatar was an amazing experience though :) I often wake up early but then one day slip back into having a lie-in... has to be done!

    Style Sunrise☀

    :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you.. Qatar was definitely 'different!' Haha.. I wish I could function in the morning but I'm just so crap. I very much love my bed. xxx

      Delete

© Life in Excess | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig