Monday 13 October 2014

Maybelline Baby Lips in Cherry Me


These things are like Buzzfeed links on my Facebook homepage... Everywhere! To be honest, I haven't paid them much attention as I wasn't on the look out for a new lip balm over the Summer; however as the cold weather is starting to creep in, I felt my lips were in need of a little TLC and whilst passing this on the shelf at my local supermarket, I thought I'd chuck it in the basket and give it a try.

If you haven't seen the Baby Lips range of lip balms from Maybelline then you've probably been hiding under a pretty big rock. With their bold and colourful packaging, they're not exactly hard to miss. 




There are six varieties to choose from, some clear and some with a tint. You can check them all out here. I opted for Cherry Me which rather unsurprisingly, is a sweet, cherry scented balm. The stick of balm is a really rich, berry red; however it applies as a very subtle reddish/pink tint. 


The packaging packs a pretty big claim - 8 hours of moisture! To be honest, I find myself needing to reapply more frequently, around every 2/3 hours. That being said, it's a nice balm offering from Maybelline. It glides onto the lips well and the formula is hydrating without any sticky or nasty residue. The tint is all but unnoticeable on my lips so if you're looking for much in terms of colour, this isn't going to fulfill those wishes I'm afraid. The only real downside for me is that the packaging, whilst being bright and cheerful, really isn't that sturdy and the balm tends to rattle around a little bit when it's rolled up and being used. 

Retailing at around £2.99, the Baby Lips balms are pretty reasonably priced and deliver what I would usually expect of a lip balm. My lips feel soft and smooth afterwards, so I guess it does the job! Not overly exciting, but one of those essential buys to keep lips in tip top condition and chap free throughout Autumn/Winter. 


Have you tried any of the Maybelline Baby Lips balms or do you have another go-to product for keeping your lips hydrated?
Share:

4 comments

  1. I wasn't overly impressed by these! I started by buying an clear one, and I was disappointed, it tasted horrible and was so greasy, but the tinted ones are a bit better! xx

    perksofbeingami.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ewww, that's not good! To be honest, this one doesn't taste bad, but I was a little disappointed it didn't have a flavour. Still, maybe that's a good thing as I tend to lick it all off when it does!! Haha.. I was tempted to pick up a clear balm to see if they were any different but I'll probably give it a miss now. Thanks for commenting Ami xxx

      Delete
  2. i haven't tried the tinted ones! i do like the colour though

    from helen at thelovecatsinc.com

    ps. there's a £129 RayBan giveaway on my blog if you're interested! click here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same, I just wish it was a bit bolder on the lips! Thanks for commenting Helen xxx

      Delete

© Life in Excess | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig