Wednesday 15 October 2014

Eyeing up sale products...

Yes, feel free to let out a little groan. I won't be winning any awards for 'most witty' post title any time soon, you can be sure of that, but let's cut to the chase. A few days ago I made the fatal error that is walking through the only decent 'department store' in my town. They always have some sort of sale on and I always end up getting sucked into making a purchase. Here's what I picked up... *swoon*

22 - In the Meadow
20 - Frosted Forest
These gorgeous, shimmery pots are from a Finnish brand called Lumene. Their official titles are; Blueberry Long-Wear Crystal Eye Shadows; however I like to call them uhhhmazing! Infused with Arctic blueberry, (hence the name) these eye shadows are unbelievably soft and silky. The powder itself is microscopically fine and glides onto the skin beautifully. The minute I swatched a tester, I knew these would be coming home with me. Sucker. 


In bright, natural light
In the Meadow is a stunning rose gold, bronzey shade which is definitely the more metallic of the two, whilst Frosted Forest is a mauvey taupe colour. The purpleish undertones are so hard to capture in a photograph, but I can assure you that they're there! 

Both of these shades scream festive to me and I'm looking forward to getting some good use out of them in the upcoming holidays. How are we rating them for Autumn? Autumnal shades, yes or no? 


Besides being fab, little products they were also a total bargain. Got to love a sale!

You can check out more products from Lumene right here
Share:

6 comments

  1. I dread sales, they almost always mean a purchase. My bank account is thankful we don't live in the U.S. anymore where online orders were almost a daily occurrence because of some sale or ridiculous GWP. :-)

    Beauty Isles | An Island Girl's Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sales totally lure you into a false sense of security. I spend far more when there's sales on than I ever would on a typically normal day. Stupid things xx

      Delete
  2. Both colours are utterly gorge and right up my street! xx

    Stacey | Expat Make-Up Addict xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're great... Right up my street too! Love a shimmery shadow xxx

      Delete
  3. So shinnyy, it would be awesome for the wintery season :) Never heard of the brand though... not available where I live :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are Finnish brand and I've seen them around various places in Scandinavia; however I'm not sure where else you could find them. I'd never heard of them before I lived in the UK, but the stuff is great! xxx

      Delete

© Life in Excess | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig