Wednesday 8 October 2014

I came here for a whinge...


So today I count sixteen, yes SIXTEEN tabs open on my laptop - All essential. Okay, maybe the LUSH home page isn't essential but it seems every man and his dog are posting beautiful, sparkly LUSH Halloween and Christmas hauls and I'm just over here like, 'Hey, I don't have a bath!' and even if I did, there isn't a LUSH shop anywhere near me... Damn you LUSH and your tempting treats that I just can't have! *Sobs into hands* 

I've fallen out with Finland today because since when is it not common to have a bath in your home? According to a Finnish lady I spoke to, they're all about the showers here. I'd be lying if I said I hadn't contemplated purchasing one of those old, Victorian style tubs and filling it up using a bucket and my kettle. And, I guess I'd fit right in here because I'm pretty sure Finland is like how the UK was perhaps a bazillion years ago... So, I exaggerate, but the sentiment is right. So, LUSH is being added to the long list of things I can't buy in Finland unless I order it online and wait possibly two weeks for it to be delivered, by which time I've forgotten I've ordered/probably don't want it anyway, or trek all the way over to Helsinki to visit the LUSH store that I didn't even know existed until this afternoon. 

Back to the tabs, the majority of them fall under the, 'wedmin' category which at first sight, looks all lovely and exciting but it's luring you in to a false sense of security. You wont find pretty wedding dresses or flowers or even cake, no. Instead, pretty much each and every tab navigates to a page containing wedding invitations, otherwise known as the BANE OF MY LIFE. Apologies for the capital letters but I've got pent up paper hatred right now that has spanned the last (almost) twelve months. Yes, ladies and gentlemen, Scott and I have spent what can only be described as an obscene amount of time, scouring the web for suitable wedding invitations. If truth be told, we hate them all. Every. last. one. The straw that broke the camel's back, (the camel being me - lovely) was the fact that we finally found one that looked promising, ordered a sample and paid seven pounds to get it shipped to Finland - otherwise known as Middle Earth or somewhere ridiculous, only to open the envelope and hate it immediately. At this rate, Scott and I are going to be sending out text message invitations and just be done with it. I honestly cannot face looking at another pocket folded, letter press, diamante studded, tangled ribbon pile of pulp again... 

Now, if only I had a bath and a LUSH hamper... 
Share:

6 comments

  1. Sounds like you are having one of those days!!! I get you with the Lush thing, I can get Lush but I don't have a bath either and that was my choice! One that I wish I hadn't taken :(

    Hope you find the wedding invites that you are looking for, I know it is hard, have you thought of making your own?

    Pams Stuff and Things

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Pam,

      Tell. me. about. it! 'Just one of those days' definitely sums it up about right. I had a bath in my old apartment and now that the weather is getting nippy, I long for a warm soak. To be honest, I have considered making my own invites and I haven't completely ruled it out but I'm quite the perfectionist and I think I'd drive myself crazy trying to get them to look perfect. Haha.. Painting a sound mental picture aren't I!?

      Thanks for commenting xxx

      Delete
  2. I DON'T HAVE A BATH EITHER! Sorry, Wow, I literally just screamed that at my screen as I typed.
    Because London is so DAM expensive, I can't afford a normal home (yet) so I have to make do with a shower, that is in a bathroom the size of a shoebox.
    I know exactly how you feel when it comes to reading, watching, looking at all the other posts of people with their Bath fizzes and their glitter bombs, and then there us, having to stand, YES STAND, in a bleak boring non-fizzy non-glittery shower.
    Sigh.
    Hmm, that wedding stuff sounds stressful. Maybe a text might not be a bad idea. You can say or being 'Modern' and if people complain say 'omg get with the times'.
    x tink x
    allabouttink.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I always look forward to your comments.. I feel your passion for fizzy baths and glittery, bubbly, soapiness. My bathroom is also the size of a shoe box. It seems to be a Finnish thing as I've never seen a generous sized bathroom here. We don't even have a physical shower cubicle. Our bathroom is sort of a wet room, not really sure if it's supposed to be but our shower curtain is the type that violates you every time you close it so I just shower al fresco and end up covering the bathroom floor in several inches of water and yes, it causes Scott to get more than a little annoyed with me.. mwahaha! xxx

      Delete
  3. I have a bath but no LUSH anywhere is sight....which is also like torture! Ever think about a Poll for the Invitations? Hehe. :-) waheetver you choose it will be perfect! xx

    Beauty Isles | An Island Girl's Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, that's annoying. I'm sure you could get a few bubbles with some fairy liquid though! Haha.. Just kidding. Thanks, a poll isn't a bad idea xxx

      Delete

© Life in Excess | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig