Monday 6 October 2014

Testing products #FOTD

It's Monday guys and girls, and that means it's time to get back to blogging business. I've been a terrible blogger in the last few days and I promise that my *genuine* excuse will be revealed soon - pinky. It's a good 'en. Anyway, I'm having teething problems today. My wisdom tooth is kicking up such a fuss in my mouth that it appears my throat and neck are staging a protest. I feel like I'm hosting a golf ball under my chin and that's never a great look on anyone. Fact. 

To cheer myself up, I decided to slap on a full face of makeup - justified by the fact that I'm going to venture out to the pharmacy for sympathy and also because I'm road testing Chanel's Vitalumiere Foundation. As it stands, I'm not sold, but I'm giving it a few cracks of the whip before passing final judgement. Anyhow, let's have a look at what's going on face-wise shall we?



First things first, it is nigh on impossible to take decent pictures now that the Finnish sun has decided to hibernate. Now I know why everyone keeps telling me I need to stock up on vitamin D tabs! So I do apologise for the less than illuminated picturegraphs. Perhaps I need to make that big blogging step and invest in a mega watt lamp? Okay, face (I've linked up products to past reviews where applicable, these appear in pink) :

- MAC Prep & Prime CC Creme in Illuminate on cheeks and forehead

- Chanel Vitalumiere Foundation 

- YSL Touche Eclat 2 under eyes 

- Bobbi Brown Sheer Finish Pressed Powder in No5 Soft Sand

- Makeup Revolution|I Heart Makeup Blushing Hearts Blusher in Peachy Keen

- Inglot Eye Shadow Shade 30 on lids and under arch of brow and Shade 421 in the crease (Blended)

- Makeup Revolution Awesome Double Flick Liquid Eyeliner on upper lash line

- Benefit Bad Gal Waterproof Eye Liner in Black on lower lash line

- MAC Opulush Mascara in Bad, Bad Black 

- Maybelline Master Shape Brow Pencil in Deep Brown

- Maybelline Brow Drama Sculpting Brow Mascara in Dark Brown

- Makeup Revolution Lip Power Duo in Everything's Alright

Thoughts on today's face? 
Share:

12 comments

  1. Yikes, sorry to hear about your wisdom tooth giving you trouble! I don't think my wisdom teeth have come in yet...I'm scared lol I think your makeup looks great!! :)

    Jessica
    the.pyreflies.org

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you.. My wisdom teeth have been 'coming through' for years, it's horrible! I certainly don't feel any wiser either... xxx

      Delete
  2. I find today's face is quite lovely.

    xoxo
    Jessica
    http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/12288011

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! I have bought the Chanel foundation too, I need to give it a test!

    Stacey | Expat Make-Up Addict xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stacey.. I'd love to read your thoughts on it if you get round to trying it out xx

      Delete
  4. This look is absolutely lovely! Understated and classy. :)

    Alicia (LissyBeauty)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks very much! Now, to try and live up to this description.. Haha xxx

      Delete
  5. I actually think the lighting is great! I don't know if its the light, the foundation, the illuminating CC creme or you natural luminosity but you are glowing! The soft focus effect is amazing and your skin looks like perfection. :-)

    Beauty Isles | An Island Girl's Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I think the Chanel foundation has a very dewy feel/look to it and I also find that the CC cream really helps to brighten up my overall complexion. Plus, the lighting isn't too harsh so I'm sure it's rather forgiving! Haha xxx

      Delete
  6. Hey Kirsty! I was surprised when I saw you used a budget friendly eyeliner for such a gorgeous flick! Too many people are raving and liking Make up Revolution, it's time i'm trying it out myself. You look gorgeous! Curious to hear your final verdict on the Chanel foundation ;) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lovely. You MUST get your hands on some of the Makeup Rev goodies. I'm a huge fan, especially when it comes to the eye shadows. The liner I have was so cheap but it works fine. It doesn't have the longest staying power but for the cost, you can't really complain. xxx

      Delete

© Life in Excess | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig