Sunday 3 June 2018

Back to Basics


It's been so long that I should probably start with an introduction... or at the very least, an explanation. 

At the end of last year, I decided that I was done with blogging. The joy had slowly been slipping away. Sitting down at my laptop every day had begun to feel more like a chore than a hobby and the same thought kept circling around my head - is anyone still reading blogs these days anyway? It was when my laptop decided to crash, burn and delete hours worth of work that I finally decided to throw in the towel, and I guess that up until now, I'd never really looked back. 

But here I am, six months later with a renewed interest and a restored faith in the process. If blogging is over, I'm fine with it. I've come to realise that it was never really about anything more than having a place in which I could talk about... well... whatever the hell I fancied anyway, and I guess I'd lost sight of that. 

It was time to take things back to basics.

Forgetting numbers and statistics, spending money on the latest products just to have 'content' and feeling like I was forever chasing my tail just to keep up, I'm ready to strip it all back and really focus on producing content that I'm happy and proud of putting out there. 

Scott and I have a really exciting year of travel ahead of us, we're heading to Georgia this month to drink all the wine and eat all the carbs and cheese. We're also in the throes of planning a 3-week long road trip around America in September and we've booked another mini-break to the Maldives early next year. I want my blog to revert back to what I hoped it would be when I started out all those years ago - a diary. A place where I can share highs and lows, travel experiences and document my progress as I set about completely overhauling my wardrobe. 

Sidenote: I feel like since I hit 30, I've had a bit of a style epiphany, (or a very early mid-life crisis) and barely any of my pre-30's wardrobe continues to spark joy so it simply must be revamped. Is anyone else with me on this one? 

So what next?

I've come up with a whole bunch of content ideas and starting from today, I'll be sharing a new blog post once a week, every Sunday. You can expect to see lots of travel content, Dubai posts, fashion features and food. Oh, and the occasional chatty post thrown in for good measure. 

I do hope you stick around. 

Thank you. 


Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Life in Excess | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig