Sunday 6 July 2014

Makeover Essentials - Ultimate Beauty II kit


Okay, I'm just going to put this out there, but I'm not really a makeup 'kit' kind of girl. I'm not entirely sure why as I bet there are some real gems out there on the market; however they ever so slightly remind me of the beauty sets I used to have when I was a young girl and so I usually tend to avoid them. You know the ones with the bright pink, plastic tasting lipglosses that you had to carve out with a chisel? Anyway, as it happens I was in a department store in Scotland a while back and to the sales girl, I must have looked like an easy target. She was right. Despite the fact that I could barely understand what she was saying to me in the first place, (a strong, Glaswegian accent isn't the easiest) I ended up walking away with a whole bag full of products. One of which was this beauty kit. 


The set consists of 27 eyeshadows, 9 lipglosses and 3 blushes. To be honest, I haven't even touched the lipglosses as they're just not for me. The middle blush is my favourite of the three; however the real gem is the eyeshadows! You are literally spoilt for choice. They wear really well too, which was more than I had expected from a set that I had bought on a whim from a company that I had never heard of before. I've swatched a small selection of the shadows below:


There is also a great brown shadow in the top, right-hand corner, that has zero shimmer and makes a perfect eyebrow filler. So many of the shades work well together too for blending and creating some gorgeous, smokey-eyes. 

Here are the blush swatches:


The bottom shade shown above is the far left blush in the set and has a lovely shimmer which is difficult to demonstrate in a photograph. You can just about see it if you stare really closely. 
I absolutely love this makeup kit and I have truly been converted. The only downside is that, from the Makeover Essentials website, it looks as though they don't ship outside of the U.S. but for all of you across the pond, you can check it out on their website here. I'm sure with a bit of investigative work, you would be able to find this product somewhere in the U.K. The other products that I picked up, I didn't care for. The brushes weren't great, but I guess you can't win them all. I just wish I had taken the sales girl's number so I can place a repeat order when this runs out. 
Share:

7 comments

  1. so many nice shades!

    from helen at www.thelovecatsinc.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This makes me wanna go get one! It looks like so much fun ;) x

    sharon @ shasummerwine.


    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks. They are all without primer. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you made me realise why tend to avoid these kinds of beauty kits too. The resemblance to these make-up "toys" I used to get as a child is simply uncanny. However, it's even better to hear that the contained products turned out to be better than expected!

    Elina @ Cupcake Kisses

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was definitely pleasantly surprised with this one. Thanks for commenting Elina xxx

      Delete

© Life in Excess | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig