Monday 6 November 2017

HUGE Bath and Body Works Autumn/Winter Candle Haul


I went a bit cray in Bath and Body Works. 

I'm not even sorry. There was a sale on all of the 3 wick candles so I did what any self-respecting candle enthusiast would do and stocked up on a whole load of Autumn and Christmas scents. 

HUGE Bath and Body Works Autumn/Winter Candle Haul

Before we crack on with the haul there are three things I want to just throw out there:

1. Don't waste your time on the smaller, single-wick candles or votives. They're okay, but they really don't fill a room like the 3 wicks do. Unless you're Harry Potter and you live in a cupboard, just grab yourself the larger size and thank me later. 

2. I'm not blessed in the scent description department so I'll share with you what the candles are supposed to smell like and then embarrass myself by attempting to describe them myself - I'll probably use the words 'nice' and 'festive' a lot. 

3. Stick around until the end because I'll narrow this haul down to my favourites and will throw in some suggestions for other Bath & Body Works scents that I love and recommend. 

Okay, shall we get cracking?

HUGE Bath and Body Works Autumn/Winter Candle Haul
HUGE Bath and Body Works Autumn/Winter Candle Haul

Maple Cinnamon Pancakes - Warm maple syrup, fresh buttermilk pancakes and fresh ground cinnamon. This is one of those sweet, baked goods scents that Bath & Body Works does so well. You can really smell the maple syrup but the touch of cinnamon keeps it from straying into the sickly sweet territory. I love to burn candles like this in the kitchen throughout Autumn/Winter for that homely 'I just made a batch of pancakes but really I'm sitting on my backside watching Netflix' vibe. 

Pumpkin Apple - Red delicious apple, fall pumpkin. fresh ground cinnamon and clove bud. There's something really hard to describe about this scent. When I spoke about it on my Instastories, I described it as smelling like apple bubblegum and I still stand by that description. There's a subtle hint of spice from the cinnamon and clove but this ultimately smells like some kind of apple chewy sweet. I've burnt this candle already and I have to say, it doesn't have the most overpowering scent once lit. It's not as strong as some of the other candles on offer so if you prefer a more subtle fragrance, I'd consider this one. 

Leaves - Crisp red apple, golden nectar and warm clove spice. I feel like Leaves is such an Autumn candle staple - so much so that I actually bought two of these. It's such a warming, cosy scent. You only need to light this for a short while for it to really fill the room and the bark-like packaging looks much more sophisticated than their traditional Autumn/Winter designs. I love this one. 

Cinnamon Spiced Vanilla - Fresh ground cinnamon, sugar crystals and Tahitian vanilla bean. I'm not usually the biggest fan of vanilla candles but this smells absolutely incredible! It smells just like cinnamon-spiced cake - think along the lines of carrot cake and you're not far off. Again, the spice keeps it from straying into the realms of the sickly sweet, which is good, especially if overly sweet scents aren't your thing. I feel like this could very well work its way up into my all-time, Bath & Body Works candle favourites. 

Cinnamon and Clove Bud - Cinnamon leaf and clove leaf essential oils. This is pure Christmas in a jar. It's so warm and spicy and probably the most festive of all the candles I bought. It kind of reminds me of those fiery jawbreakers you could get as a child (see pic if you have no idea what I'm talking about.) I'll probably save this to burn in the run up to Christmas whilst watching Elf and drinking mulled wine. 

Hot Cocoa and Cream - Decadent milk chocolate, fresh steamed milk and mini marshmallows. This is my first time with this candle and when Scott picked it up off the shelf in the Bath & Body Works shop, I let out a bit of a squeal. It smells just like a rich, creamy hot chocolate and if this burns anything like it smells in the jar, it's going to be absolutely life-changing! Again, this is another perfect candle for cosy nights in watching a movie. 

Evergreen - Crisp white fir needles, Forest cedarwood and sweet evergreen sap. This is a traditional 'Christmas Tree' scented candle. It's the ideal candle to have in your home if you're unable to have a real Christmas tree as it smells like the real deal. I bought the single wick version of this last year so I'm excited to be able to give the larger size a go this year. 

Chestnut and Clove - Warm roasted chestnut, fresh ground clove, forest pine needles and cedarwood. I included this candle straight after Evergreen because they have a somewhat similar scent. Whilst Evergreen is a true Christmas tree scent, Chestnut and Clove is more of a nod in the Christmas tree direction. The cloves help to balance this out and whilst yes, it still smells festive, it also has a woody, men's aftershave feel to it. I think this is another great one for those who like their festive home fragrances to be a little less obvious. 

The final two candles I bought aren't 'festive' however I thought they were worth including:

Berry Waffle Cone - Sweet Summer berries, golden waffle cone and creamy vanilla. I think this was part of the Summer collection; however it smells like a baked apple pie. If you've tried the Warm Apple Pie scent from Bath and Body Works, this is very similar. I love this candle so much that I purchased two and have already burnt through one of them. That almost never happens for me as I like to chop and change the candles I burn but I've had this one burning constantly in my home. If you can still get your hands on it, I really recommend this one. 

Rose Water and Ivy - Soft rose petals, rain-kissed ivy and spring musk. Okay, this one has absolutely nothing to do with the Autumn/Winter seasons; however it's a beautiful, light floral scented candle. I love floral fragrances but I find if they're too heavy, they give me a headache. I'm hoping that the fact that this candle is quite light means that it won't be the case with this one. It smells like a really delicate rose perfume and I'll probably keep hold of this one to burn in the new year or sit it on the dressing table in my bedroom. 

So... if I had to pick my favourites?

This is tough but I would probably say Leaves, Cinnamon Spiced Vanilla and Berry Waffle Cone. I'm still holding out to get my hands on Spiced Gingerbread as I haven't seen that one in Dubai yet and it's an absolute favourite of mine. 

I'd also highly recommend 'Tis the Season (apple, cinnamon and cedarwood) this was the candle I lit on Christmas Day last year, Twisted Peppermint (cool peppermint, sugared snow, vanilla buttercream, fresh balsam and hint of musk) if you want a sweet, minty, candy cane scent and Pumpkin Pecan Waffles (maple syrup, golden waffles, pumpkin spice and brown sugar) if you want a really nutty, baked goods candle. 

And if that's not enough, you can check out my previous Bath & Body Works hauls here

Do you love burning scented candles at this time of year? What are your favourite Autumn/Winter candle scents? 

HUGE Bath and Body Works Autumn/Winter Candle Haul


Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Life in Excess | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig