Tuesday 17 June 2014

MAC satin lipsticks...



Firstly, I must apologise for being m.i.a. these last few days. There will be more info on that to come soon; however I thought I would sneak in a little post about the MAC satin lippies I picked up whilst in Helsinki.

The one on the left is SNOB. It's a dusky pink colour with a very slight lilac hint. It's probably a few shades lighter than I would usually pick in a lip colour and I'm still not entirely sure about it. Usually, I find that lighter shades look a little 'messy' on the lips and I'm currently feeling that this one needs a gloss over the top to give it a nicer finish.

The shade on the right is CYBER. Literally from one extreme to the other. This is a very deep looking purple. It's unlike any lipstick I have tried before and I was really stepping out of my comfort zone buying this. It's a superbly rich colour with serious plum tone going on. It's definitely a dramatic look and I will most certainly be saving this one for the evening.


When it comes to MAC lipstick, I usually opt for a cremesheen or lustre finish as I prefer my lippie to have a creamy texture with a smooth, glossy look about it. I was pleasantly surprised with the satin finish as it was easy and smooth to apply as well as not being too dry/matte on the lips. It's not as creamy as the cremesheen, but that was to be expected. As with all of the MAC lipsticks that I have tried, the pigments and staying power of the product are what keep drawing me back, (and of course the smell!)




What are your all-time favourite MAC lipstick shades or which colours have you tried that you wouldn't usually go for?

Kirsty xx
Share:

2 comments

  1. Hi liked those awesome colours loved the CYBER colour.... & thanks for following me on twitter ^^ @musings_muse

    ReplyDelete

© Life in Excess | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig