Thursday 5 June 2014

Summer jollies!

Summer holiday season is fast approaching and my news feed is becoming sprinkled with excited statuses about people booking trips away. Whether it's a stay-cation, a city break or a full-blown cocktails on the beach bonanza, everyone seems to be doing something. So this got me to thinking about my travels this year, past and upcoming. It's a pretty busy year and I can't wait for some of the things Scott and I have planned!

Places visited so far:

Doha, Qatar - This is a bit of a cheat as I was living here until February this year; however I did technically 'visit' it so I'm sticking it in.

Dubai - This was a trip based solely on shopping! (Does this make me a bad person?) We knew we were leaving Qatar very shortly and I wanted to make the most of Dubai Mall before we said goodbye.

Various locations in Finland - So, on the back of leaving Qatar, we moved to Finland. Since moving here in Feb we have visited a few places here and there. The town in which we live is about 1 hour and 30 mins drive from Helsinki and we regularly head across to the city for a livelier atmosphere and a bit more to do. We've visited a few of the smaller towns and lakeside retreats to get a feel for the Finnish culture and enjoy some of the beautiful surroundings.

*We also visited our respective homes; North of England and Scotland in the Easter holidays but I'm not going to scrape the barrel with that one! 

So, where do we plan on going next?

Oslo, Norway - This was a spur of the moment booking as neither Scott nor I could believe how cheap the flights were from Finland so we just booked them there and then!

Paris - There's a bit of a story behind this one! As you may or may not know, I'm a bit of a Lady Gaga fan and when I heard she was touring, I was desperate for tickets. Having sold out in my home town, the next best thing was Paris. So there you have it. In my quest to see the Gaga in concert, I've ended up with a weekend in Paris.. not bad!

Ho Chi Minh City and Phan Thiet, Vietnam - This is our main holiday for the year and I am beyond excited for this one! We'll be spending a few days exploring the city before heading to a lovely resort in Phan Thiet for sunshine, sandy beaches and total relaxation!

So there it is.. My travel itinerary for 2014. If you have any tips, tricks or places I must see for any of these, then please do comment and let me know! Also, if you are heading somewhere exciting this summer or have visited somewhere already, I'm all ears! My partner and I love travelling and we're always open to new and interesting suggestions.

I will leave you will some gorgeous swimwear bits from Missguided that I am absolutely loving at the moment... enjoy!

Link
Link
Link


Kirsty xx
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Life in Excess | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig