Wednesday 6 April 2016

Charlotte Tilbury Skincare Edit - The Face Creams


Don't waste your money on either of these products!

I guess that's my 'in a nutshell' view of these face creams but let me tell you exactly why I think you'd be better off spending your money elsewhere.


Firstly, neither of these products come cheap. Charlotte's Magic Cream will set you back £70 whilst you'll need to part with an eye-watering £100 for the Magic Night Cream

Ouch!

When it comes to skincare, I don't mind investing in good quality, higher end products that work well but I found that both of these left me feeling disappointed.

The Magic Cream is the cheaper, yet the better of the two. It's very thick - think Sudocrem/bum cream territory and you're on the right track. The pot doesn't work with the consistency of the product. You have to dig in to get the cream out and it inevitably gathers under your fingernails which yes, is the very definition of a first world problem but a problem nonetheless. 

You only need a small amount of product and once rubbed in, it's fine. It sinks into the skin well and doesn't leave a greasy finish, however it's no where near as hydrating as you would imagine. The scent reminds me of sun cream and it does carry an SPF 15 but there's no 'wow' moment with this moisturiser. It's distinctly average and there are far better creams of this type on the market. 

Now, onto the Night 'Cream' and I say cream very loosely as this has more of a gel-like texture. 

There isn't a single thing that I like about this product, and it comes as a surprise to me because, from reading the description of this online, I expected to love it. The thick gel is far too heavy for my liking. I feel like it suffocates my skin. 

It doesn't dry down or sink into the skin either, it just sits there. Tacky and uncomfortable until you wash your face in the morning. Every time I've used this, (and I've given it plenty of chances) I feel like my skin is worse. Despite having dry skin, it's too much for me and results in clogging me up, causing minor breakouts. It's definitely more like a face mask. Something I'd apply and wash off after 20 minutes but at £100 a tub - there's no way that would justify a purchase. 

Have you tried any of the Charlotte Tilbury Skincare range? I have some more items I'm thinking of reviewing so if you're interested in hearing my thoughts on more of her skincare range, let me know in the comments below. 
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Life in Excess | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig