Monday 25 April 2016

Existential Blogging Crisis


Back in the early days of blogging I was a dedicated 'bed time' writer. I'd waffle into the notes section of my iPhone until the early hours and somehow come up with publishable content.

Since the world of blogging has shifted and everything seems to be a bit more serious these days, my late night writing sessions have subsided, but here I am trying to resurrect a bit of the old me. Because me, avec granny pants and heavy-duty poly-filler wrinkle cream is just the exciting visual that this blog has been lacking lately.

Life in Excess Blog - Existential Blogging Crisis

Existential blogging crisis to one side, I have been feeling like I've finally got to grips with this whole being organised lark. I have a blogging schedule that I typically stick to. If that doesn't warrant me an extra large glass of celebratory wine then I don't know what does.

The thing is, I keep having these urges, (not those kind) to give a little more. To kick off my sensible shoes and have a bit of fun on here again. 

I know my chatty posts don't bring in the views and it's a battle I often have with myself - who am I blogging for and what do they want? Heck, I'm pretty sure I'm the only person who likes the sound of my own voice, but talking nonsense seems to be my forte and my mother always told me that you should play to your strengths.

So here we are.

At an invariable crossroads between being a 'proper' blogger and stringing together sentences in my knickers whilst trying not to drop my phone on my face.

Been there and bought that painful T-shirt.

What are your thoughts? Will you show up for the nonsense or are you only here for the lipstick? 


P.S. Is there a niche market for wine tasting bloggers because I think I'd like to apply?

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Life in Excess | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig