Friday 29 April 2016

April Favourites

April was a good beauty month. I fell hard for several products and become borderline obsessed with others. All in all, a roaring success.

Here's what made the cut:

April Favourites 2016 - Life in Excess Blog

Make Up For Ever Ultra HD Stick Foundation (Shade 125=Y315) - I lusted after this for a long time before I finally took the plunge and bought it. I don't own many stick foundations but this has quickly risen up the ranks and is now my go-to foundation when I want a heavier coverage. It works perfectly with my complexion, blending seamlessly into my skin and being surprisingly comfortable for a thicker formula. I'm still heart-eyed for Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk, (which is a beautiful foundation, albeit slightly lighter in coverage than the MUFE stick) but I've found myself reaching for this constantly this month and so rightly, it has made its way into my monthly faves.

Maybelline Super Stay Gel Nail Color in 78, Porcelain - I recently invested in a gel nail kit (hello, lifesaving) but I've always been super impressed with the formula of these polishes. They're the longest lasting product of this kind that I've tried and Porcelain is a sheeny, Spring-appropriate pink that has graced my toe nails continuously this month. Full review here

Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula Moisturising Body Oil - My skin went through a hellish dry patch at the start of the month and this is one of the products that has helped bring it back to life. I've always been a fan of the 'Palmer's scent,' I had a high school crush on their Cocoa Butter Moisturiser. I've been adding one or two capfuls of this oil to my bath water and the difference in my skin is hugely noticeable. Plus it makes your bath smell nice - win, win. 

LUSH Big Sea Salt Shampoo - I debated whether or not to mention this one as it was gifted to me and I've already raved about LUSH's hair products here on my blog but I have genuinely used this a lot this month and it wouldn't feel right to not include it. I wouldn't say I have fine hair, but it does tend to get very baby soft and hard to style after washing; however using this has greatly improved the texture of my hair, giving it more volume and ultimately giving me a more 'styleable' 'fro. I was tentative with this at first but now I'm always reaching for it. Highly recommend this if you're looking to add a bit of oompf to your hair.

Urban Decay x Gwen Stefani Hush Blusher - This palette is already a win for me anyway but Hush is the shade that has graced my face pretty much this entire month and the love is very real. I did briefly consider adding in MAC New Romance as I am equally enamoured by its ability to erase the previous night's poor beverage decisions, giving me that much sought after, 'fresh faced' look but as this was a very late addition to the month, I left it out. You can read about it here though. I'm praying hard that Urban Decay will release Hush as a permanent, stand-alone shade as I imagine it would be very popular. Until then I'm going to continue the love affair and cross my toes that I don't hit pan any time soon. You can read my full review and see swatches here

Nivea Men After Shave Balm in Sensitive - Finally we have the nifty shave balm/primer that everyone has been going wild for. I'll admit, I was skeptical. I initially picked up the Original After Shave Balm and eye-wateringly strong scent to one side, it broke me out like a son of a. Trying again, I went back and picked up the Sensitive version and I've been well and truly sucked in. Yes, the scent is a little... man, although much less intense than the Original version, but I do find that it prolongs the wear of my make up and generally works as a pretty decent, (cheap as anything) primer. Now if they could just release it unscented and in a fancy bottle, that would be great.

Which products have you been loving this month? Have you tried any of my April Favourites, if so, what are your thoughts?
To see what else I've been loving in previous months, get your bottom on over to this lil' page right here

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Life in Excess | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig