Monday 2 May 2016

Life Through A Lens 2016 #4


The end of April marks the end of a peaceful Abu Dhabi for us as over the next few months, Scott and I will be opening our doors to a steady stream of family and friends. 

I'm both excited and apprehensive - I don't need sleep, right?

Scott's sister and her friend join us mid May for a few days before they jet off to Australia for work and shortly after, my dad and brother arrive for 10 days. If anyone wants to send me a large bottle of gin to sample, now would be the time!

So, let's have a look at what happened in April. 

I managed to sneak in a yummy dinner at Hakkasan with Lindsey from Arabian Notes. If you don't follow her already, you must. As well as being bloody lovely, she knows just about everything you need to know about living in the sandpit. 

Scott and I also had friends over from Dubai to visit. We'd planned to try out the beachy brunch on Nurai Island but the weather had other ideas and so we ended up at an indoor brunch instead. Scott only managed to fall asleep twice before the evening was done which isn't bad, going by his standards.

You can take the man out of Scotland...

I managed to rope my hubby into taking outfit shots for the first time this month - of which you can see the results here. Considering he's such a camera noob, I think he did a great job. We also met up with my cousin this month as he was flown over to Abu Dhabi on a last minute business trip. My favourite place to take our guests is the Rosewood Hotel as they serve the best shisha in town - so we headed to Dai Pai Dong for chinese food before making our way onto the Smoke terrace.
 
Anway, enough waffling from me. I shall leave you with a snapshot roundup of the month. Let me know what you got up to in April or if you have any exciting plans for May. 

Without further ado...

Life in Excess - Life Through A Lens April


Life in Excess - Life Through A Lens April

Life in Excess - Life Through A Lens April

Life in Excess - Life Through A Lens April

Make sure you check out the rest of my Life Through A Lens series for more like this. Also, for regular updates you can follow me on Instagram at lifeinexcess_, on Twitter @LifeinExcess_ and finally, Snapchat at 'effortlesslyexc'
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Life in Excess | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig