Monday 23 May 2016

Updated MAC Lipstick Collection - With Lip Swatches


Swatching eleven lipsticks on my face, one after another is what real commitment is all about. Yes, to some, my MAC lipstick collection is still in its infancy but there's some solid faves in the bunch and as my last MAC lipstick post was yonks ago, I thought I'd share with you my updated collection . 

So shall we just jump right in?

MAC Lipstick Swatches: I'm In  Plumful  Lip Blossum  Velvet Teddy

MAC Lipstick Swatches: Ravishing  Mehr  Please Me  Speak Louder

MAC Lipstick Swatches: Viva Glam 3  Cockney  Cyber

I'm In (Huggable Lipcolour) - I love everything about this lipstick. It's a glossy, barely-there nude that is comfortable to wear and great for on the go. I wore this lipstick on my wedding day and although the staying power isn't the longest, it's so natural that it fades with no visible marking of the lips. (Full review)

Plumful (Lustre) - Another one that I recommend a lot to people. Plumful is such an easy to wear, flattering, soft plum shade with good pigmentation, although not totally opaque. It's a great first lipstick if you're wanting to try something that isn't your usual pink/nude. 

Lip Blossum (Lustre) - A sugary pink lipstick with a subtle, gold shimmer. This isn't the easiest lipstick to wear as it tends to gather in any texture that you may have on your lips. I typically reserve this for 'good lip days.' This is definitely a nice to have but not a, go rush out and buy lipstick. It's okay, but nothing more. (Review)

Velvet Teddy (Matte) - One of the cult MAC Lipsticks. Velvet Teddy is a warm beige and my first real dip into the whole nude lipstick trend. It's one of those shades that seems to work for a lot of different skin tones and I personally love it. 

Ravishing (Cremesheen) - A peachy coral lipstick with a semi-sheer, buildable coverage. I used to have a huge soft spot for this lipstick, read: I would wear it all the time, but I feel like it doesn't really suit me any more. I do love the balm-like Cremesheen formula though. (Super old review)

Mehr (Matte) - I had a pretty intense relationship with Mehr a year or so ago. It's a muted, mauvey pink and I feel like it looks different on every single person that I've seen wear it. The matte formula is opaque and long-lasting whilst still being comfortable to wear. This is another that I highly recommend if you're looking for something a little bit different. (Full review)

Please Me (Matte) - Please Me is described as a muted, rosy pink; however I find it comes off ever so slightly cool-toned on me. I don't wear this as much as I should anymore but it's a really nice, every day pink. (Review with dupe)

Speak Louder (Cremesheen) - A bright, fun pink with subtle blue undertones. I forgot how much I loved this lipstick until I swatched it for this post - I wore it the very next day and it lasted a full afternoon, well into the evening with food and drinks, without need for reapplying; which is surprising for a non-matte formula. It also makes your teeth look whiter and brighter - what's not to love? (Mentioned here)

Viva Glam 111 (Matte) - Another smile brightener, Viva Glam 111 is muted brownish plum with an opaque, matte finish. This one is way more flattering than it looks in the bullet, trust me! It lends ever so slightly to the brown lip trend that is big at the moment but perfect if you're not feeling the whole poo-coloured pout thing. The berry tones keep it more wearable.

Cockney (Lustre) - I feel like this is such an underrated lipstick from MAC. Cockney is a warm red with slight orange undertones. There's a very fine shimmer running through it which makes the lips appear much glossier and slightly fuller. It's semi-sheer with buildable coverage and lasts on the lips, despite not being a full opaque colour. 

Cyber (Satin) - Described as an intense, blackish-purple, I call this my, 'what the hell was I thinking?!' lipstick. Yes okay, there's a lot of folk out there that would love this lip colour but quite frankly, I'm not one of them. It just doesn't suit me at all. It's really difficult to apply without a liner and I feel it comes across as patchy without one applied underneath. This just isn't my cup of tea. (Old review - I've since sold SNOB)

What are your must-have MAC lipstick shades? Have you tried any that I've mentioned here or do you like the look of any shade in particular? Also, let me know what MAC lipstick shades you recommend to first-timers, I'm always curious. 

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Life in Excess | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig