Wednesday 11 May 2016

Splurge Vs Steal - Stick Foundation


If you managed to catch my April Favourites post, then you'll have seen that I have fallen ever so slightly in love with the Make Up For Ever Ultra HD Stick Foundation - and by ever so slightly, I mean I would sell my husband before giving it up.

Any takers?

The MUFE stick foundation has a fuller coverage, glides on beautifully and blended into the skin with a kabuki brush spritzed in my Smashbox Photofinish Primer Water gives me a face that only Chezza Cole/Versini/One Direction could dream of. Okay, I exaggerate but the slight funky scent to one side, the MUFE stick foundation is a really great product. 

But what if you're not wanting to splash out £30 on foundation - don't worry, I've got you covered!

Make Up Forever HD Foundation Stick Review and Swatches, Maybelline Fit Me Foundation Stick Review and Swatches, MUFE HD Foundation Dupe
Make Up Forever HD Foundation Stick Review and Swatches, Maybelline Fit Me Foundation Stick Review and Swatches, MUFE HD Foundation Dupe

I originally bought the Maybelline Fit Me Anti-Shine Foundation Stick to use as a contouring shade when I lived in Finland. I never bothered to use it all over as firstly, I tend not to dig the Dale Winton look, but also because I typically hate a matte foundation. However, when I returned from holiday, (significantly more tanned) several weeks ago, I found myself reaching for it to give it a try - and I was really surprised!

Although marketed as an 'Anti-Shine' stick, I found that the finish wasn't completely matte. It's definitely no dewy foundation but it does lend itself more to a satin finish. Using the same method for applying as I do with the MUFE stick, I find the Maybelline Fit Me stick blends out well and doesn't cake up on the skin. The coverage is a little less than that of the MUFE stick but you can build it up to give a medium to fuller coverage. Those with very dry skin may find that this doesn't work for them but I have dry to normal skin and it works just fine for me, as I imagine it would also work for those with more oily complexions too as it seems that this is who the product is more geared towards. 

When it comes to 'drug store' foundations, there are very few that I will give the time of day but the Maybelline Fit Me Foundation Stick is a really great product, and at £8.99 a pop, you can't really argue with that!

Have you tried either of these foundations? What are you thoughts on foundation sticks - have you tried them before and are there any that you would recommend? Let me know what you think in the comments section below. 

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Life in Excess | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig