Monday 11 April 2016

Another Urban Decay X Gwen Stefani Blush Palette Review


Yes, everyone and their pet dog has given their thoughts and opinions on the whole Gwen Stefani / Urban Decay range, and I did briefly consider not featuring it on my blog but hey, I've kinda developed an intimate relationship, (read obsession) with one of the shades in the palette. 

10 points if you can guess which.

When the eye shadow palette sprung onto the scene, I wasn't particularly interested. The packaging gave me lustful feelings but the contents left me feeling kind of indifferent. A nice palette, but not one that I would rush out and purchase.

The blush palette on the other hand is a whole other story.

Urban Decay Gwen Stefani Blush Palette Review & Swatches
Urban Decay Gwen Stefani Blush Palette Review & Swatches

As soon as I saw the promo images, I knew I needed it. I held off ordering it online and waited, what felt like a life time, for it to land in the UAE before running down to Sephora to snap it up. 

Let's get the formalities out of the way first. The palette itself is a great size. It's compact, in a sense but has a little chunk going on. It has that, 'expensive' weighted feel with a large internal mirror. I find the white and gold packaging much more aesthetically pleasing than the black and gold version for the eye palette. 

To sum it up, Urban Decay did good.

Onto the products themselves.

There are six blusher shades included in the set:

Urban Decay Gwen Stefani Blush Palette Review & Swatches

I love how diverse this palette is - It's not a whole bunch of 'samey' blush shades and although there's one or two shades that I don't reach for often, I really do feel like this palette caters to a lot of people.

I'll briefly run through the shades:

Cherry - A simple, cool-toned pink with a semi-sheer, satin finish.

Easy - A deeper, dusty rose with golden flecks running through it. This can get scary-looking if you go in with to heavy a hand so gentle is the way to go with this one. 

Angel - A peachy, gold sheen which works more as a highlighter on me. I actually really like this shade and think it's nice to have this option in the set.

Lo-Fi - A soft, fairly warm matte bronzer shade. This doesn't really show up on me once buffed into the skin. I'm thinking a potential, light Winter bronzer though?

Hush - By far my favourite of the six. A peachy pink shimmer. My kinda shade. 'Nuf said.

OC - Finally, the strangest one of the bunch. OC is a duo-chrome effect blush which flits between an orange/peach and a baby pink. I'll be honest, I really wasn't sure about this upon swatching it but it actually applies fairly sheer and not as scary as you'd imagine. It's quite subtle although I'm sure you could build it up to be something a little more out there. It wouldn't be a Gwen Stefani collaboration without at least one 'unusual' shade now would it!

What are your thoughts on the Urban Decay x Gwen Stefani collab and/or what do you make of this blush palette? Did you pick up anything from the range?
 
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Life in Excess | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig