Friday 12 August 2016

Recent Beauty Purchases - Plus My Thoughts


I'll be honest with you guys, I haven't done an awful lot of shopping recently. In part, due to the fact that I've not had a whole load of time to hit the shops, but also because I'm compiling the biggest ever shopping list for my trip back to the UK in October. 

Is that Boots screaming my name?

So you know, if there's anything that you think I absolutely must pick up whilst I'm slogging it around the makeup counters - do let me know! 

Right, onto why we're here.

Recent Beauty Purchases - Life in Excess Blog

Recent Beauty Purchases - Life in Excess Blog

Sephora Triple Action Makeup Remover Gel - I bought this on a whim whilst I was en route to pay for a basket of make up that I probably didn't need. So firstly, it's a huge bottle. 400ml kinda huge. I also like that it has a pump so it's less fuss. I've been applying this to cotton pads and using it to remove my make up before going in with my cleanser. 

It's not love. It does the job - ish. Heavy eye make up and waterproof mascara prove tough for this to tackle but it does a decent enough job of removing my foundation. I wouldn't run out and repurchase it but by the same token, I don't find it to be the worst make up remover I've tried. 

The Body Shop Vitamin E Hydrating Toner - So, I'm three or four bottles in with this toner and it's safe to declare that it's true love. I mean yes, it's just a toner but what I love about this product is that it's so gentle on the skin. It's alcohol-free and doesn't smell like paint stripper, plus it has a slightly thicker consistency which feels much more nourishing on the skin. 

I've had the Vitamin E range recommended to me so many times that I really need to branch out and try more of their products but if you're in the market for a new toner, I highly recommend this one.

Beauty Blender Solid Blendercleanser - Cleaning make up brushes is major snore but this solid cleansing soap makes the task a whole lot easier. The Blendercleanser contains a cleansing brush soap and a rubber-like insert that you can use to scrub your brushes against. Okay, it's not the most glamourous beauty purchase but since purchasing this, I've found it takes me half the time to get the job done. 

Inglot Pure Pigment Eye Shadow (Shade 24) - I'll keep this one short and sweet as I recently shared a full review here, but this is one of the only make up items I've bought recently and, well... she's a beauty! 

That's it for my recent purchases. Have you tried any of the products mentioned here or have you been buying any beauty bits recently? Leave me your thoughts in the comment section below. 

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Life in Excess | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig