Friday 5 August 2016

Beauty And Skincare Wishlist


"I am completely and utterly satisfied with my make up collection. I neither want nor need anything new - fact!" ... "OMG, I want all of the things!"

This is pretty much the circle of life that goes on inside my head on a weekly basis. About a week ago I had that conversation with my husband. And whilst you could be fooled into thinking such a conversation would be about important stuff like, who takes the bins out and why leaving socks on the floor is a valid argument for divorce, the conversation in question is the one where I self-impose a spending ban and then never actually follow through with it. 

Scott just shrugs his shoulders and accepts the fact that he married a liar. I mean, my intentions are always good but then I spend a nano-second on Twitter and I've already mentally broken my spending ban, 5748 times over. 

I blame the internet. 

Here's what I'm currently not buying but thinking about enough that I'll probably find an excuse to buy anyway:

Beauty and Skincare Wishlist / Life in Excess Blog

CoverFX Custom Enhancer Drops in shade Moonlight - Because every man and his dog are talking about these and because I totally dig the Tin Man look. I'm split between the shades Moonlight and Sunlight, although from swatches online it doesn't seem like there's much distinguishable difference. 

Hourglass Vanish Seamless Finish Foundation - I read Nida's review of this foundation and it sounded so glorious that I immediately stuck it on my wishlist. Do I need another foundation? Probably not but this sounds like utter perfection. 

Soleil Tan De Chanel - This has been on my wishlist for so many moons that I'm planning to take the plunge when I pass through Duty Free in October - ya know, every penny counts and all that! Everyone I've spoken to about this cream bronzer has told me it's a holy-grail product so I'm certain I won't regret it. 

Nuxe Shimmering Dry Oil Huile Prodigieuse OR - Another product I've seen cropping everywhere as of late. This dry oil has a hint of shimmer running through it which is perfect on tanned skin for a healthy, Summer glow. Hurling it in my basket as we speak. 

Oribe Dry Texturizing Spray - I'm so late to this party that I haven't even arrived yet. Big, voluminous hair-loving folk around the world have been raving about this product for ages and I feel like this is a band wagon I need to finally jump on. 

Sephora Sleeping Masks - Having tried, and enjoyed, some of the Sephora sheet masks, I'm intrigued to see how these nighttime masks compare. There's a whole range of 'flavours' that target specific skin care needs. The Orchid anti-ageing and smoothing mask sounds like one to try.

Sleek Solstice Highlighting Palette - Because obviously I need another highlighting palette to add to the 48670 highlighters that I already own but it's a budget, high-street product (so won't break the bank) and well, just look at it! I want to hit Boots hard when I'm home in October and this is very much on my shopping list. 

Milani Amore Matte Metallic Lip Creme - Ever since this post, I've become increasingly obsessed with metallic lipstick and these matte lip creams from Milani sound and look incredible. Cinemattic Kiss, (pictured) is just one of the shades that I have my eye on but the whole range looks beautiful. 

StriVectin Advanced Retinol Intensive Night Moisturiser - The big 3-0 is creeping up on me and anything that's going to make me wake up with the skin of a five year old is good enough for me. This product is expensive, *cough* £85 for 50ml, but I've read numerous reviews stating that this is a miracle product. So long wrinkles!

Have you tried any of these products on my wishlist or are there any products here that you'd love to get your hands on? Let me know what's on your current 'to buy' list - enable me! 

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Life in Excess | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig