Wednesday 31 August 2016

BECCA Flowerchild Blush Review


This blush has been on my radar for some time and when I found out BECCA was making its way to the UAE, I made a mental note to pick this up. 

After a few failed attempts at YAS Mall's Sephora, I finally grabbed this in the Dubai Mall branch - which for the record, is the most hellish place to shop for make up, ever! 

BECCA Flowerchild Mineral Blush Review & Swatches
BECCA Flowerchild Mineral Blush Review & Swatches

BECCA Flowerchild Mineral Blush is like NARS Orgasm's quieter, more sophisticated cousin. The gold shimmer running through Flowerchild is way more subtle, imparting more of a golden glow, rather than the intense shimmer to be expected with Orgasm. They carry the same warm pink undertone, though, and if the 'tin man' aspect of NARS Orgasm has deterred you in the past, then I feel like Flowerchild is definitely the way to go.

BECCA Flowerchild Mineral Blush Review & Swatches, NARS Orgasm Dupe

As I've found to be the case with BECCA's products, the powder formula is very smooth and applies flawlessly. This blush, despite being a more 'natural' shade, is still very pigmented and I recommend using a light hand. That being said, with a light sweep, Flowerchild gives off a beautiful, peachy pink sheen that blends seamlessly into the skin and doesn't overly emphasise texture and pores. 

If, like me, peachy pinks are your jam, I anticipate that you'll love Flowerchild. It's a very easy, wearable shade that will suit most skin tones and pair well with many make up looks. If you're in the market for a fresh, Summer blush (or you're just a hoarder like me) then I 1000% recommend you snap this up. 

Have you tried BECCA Flowerchild - if so, what are your thoughts? 

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Life in Excess | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig