Friday 2 September 2016

Life Through A Lens 2016 #8


Well, August was eventful.

We started off on the wrong foot, August and I, and I had to fly back to the UK at the start of the month for a family emergency. I explain more in this post but to spare you the deets, I was home for just over a week and spent the majority of that time in hospital. 

I hopped on a plane back to Abu Dhabi, just in time to meet my Mum, Stepdad and Sister, who had flown over from the UK for a two week visit. 

We basically did all of the touristy things and I consumed my body weight x3 in food and alcohol - Hello clothes that no longer fit! It was great to have them over to stay with us but probably couldn't have come at a worse time with me having to rush home at the start of the month. There was a point where I wasn't sure I'd be able to be in the UAE when my family arrived and it was causing me some serious stress. Thankfully it all turned out well in the end.

I've had a handful of days to catch my breath before my other Sister and her Boyfriend arrive - which will have been yesterday by the time you read this! They are passing through on their trip to Bali so we have brunch lined up and a few other bits and pieces. You can keep up with all the action on my Snapchat - 'life-inexcess'

Finally, looking forward into September - It's Scott and I's first wedding anniversary on the 5th. Yep, we share the date with Tanya Burr & Jim, I know, practically famous! *Aherm* Anyway, I still can't get my head around how quickly this year has flown by. I actually have no idea what we're doing to celebrate yet but I'm hoping it's going to involve a large cocktail. 

Right, enough waffle for now. Here's a bunch of snaps to round off the month. Hope yours has been a great one. 

Life Through A Lens August 2016 - Life in Excess Blog

Life Through A Lens August 2016 - Life in Excess Blog

Life Through A Lens August 2016 - Life in Excess Blog

Life Through A Lens August 2016 - Life in Excess Blog

Let me know what you got up to throughout August in the comments below so I can live vicariously through your lives. Yep, I'm really just that nosey

For more monthly roundup posts, check out the rest of my Life Through A Lens Blog Series

Toodle Pip. 

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Life in Excess | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig