Monday 19 September 2016

The Body Shop Himalayan Charcoal Purifying Glow Mask


My skin has been having a really bad week. Scratch that. A really bad couple of weeks. Apparently you can't just eat like an absolute animal for a month and get away without the tiniest most astronomical smattering of pimples. 

And before anyone says anything along the lines of, 'I don't see any spots!?' I've been troweling on the concealer so hard, Mr Titchmarsh would be proud. 

Just so you know.

Anyway, on a particularly explosive pimple day, I ran out and panic-purchased a bunch of face masks - one of which was the Himalayan Charcoal Purifying Glow Mask from The Body Shop. 

The Body Shop Himalayan Charcoal Purifying Glow Mask Review | Life in Excess Blog

The Body Shop Himalayan Charcoal Purifying Glow Mask Review | Life in Excess Blog

The Body Shop have launched a range of new, Superfood Masks, five in total and each targeting a specific skin need. The Himalayan Charcoal mask is designed to draw out impurities and refine the appearance of pores with its active ingredients of bamboo charcoal, green tea leaves and organic tea tree oil. 

With high hopes and prayers for a miracle, I got home and immediately slathered it all over my face. 

The mask reminds me a lot of Glam Glow's Supermud, yet at a fraction of the cost. If my memory serves me well, the scent is quite similar - a mix of peppermint and eucalyptus. The mask contains small chunks which cling to the skin whilst drying and serve as an exfoliant once you come to wash the mask off. 

What I wasn't aware of when purchasing was the fact that this mask tingles - a lot. I'd go as far as saying it stings, not completely uncomfortable, but it's by no means a relaxing mask. It's certainly something to be aware of, especially if you have very sensitive skin. 

Once scrubbed away, and I say scrubbed because this is an effort to remove, I noticed that my skin felt noticeably tighter, really soft and smooth to the touch and visibly fresher-looking. Okay, it didn't work miracles on my spots after the first try. I have used this twice now and they are improving, slowly. It's not a miracle treatment, but stinging-sensation to one side, I do find this to be a genuinely good mask, and for the price, a snip above their standard masks at £15, they're absolutely worth it. 

Now, I just need to get my hands on the rest of the range! 

Have you tried the new Superfood Masks from The Body Shop? What are your thoughts? 

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Life in Excess | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig