Wednesday 28 September 2016

September Favourites


I put myself on a spending ban in September. Largely due to the fact that I really don't need anything at all and I'm shopping through sheer frivolity rather than necessity. As a result, the majority of my beauty favourites won't come as a surprise to you as they've mostly been featured throughout my latest posts. 

Here's what beauty and non beauty items I've been loving in September:

September Favourites | Life in Excess Blog
September Favourites | Life in Excess Blog

September Favourites | Life in Excess Blog

Chanel Soleil Tan De Chanel Bronzing Makeup Base - I recently mentioned this in my, 'If I could only pick one' beauty tag, and for good reason. It's simply beautiful. My love for cream bronzers has skyrocketed over the Summer and this is the one that I've been reaching for on almost a daily basis. It melts into the skin to give the most naturally bronzed, glowing finish. 

Another product I have talked about recently is the Huda Beauty Lip Contour in Trophy Wife. I wasn't particularly interested in these originally and this was an impulse purchase alongside two of the new, Liquid Matte Lipsticks. (You can read my full review here) However, I'm super impressed with the Lip Contour pencil. It's creamy, has great pigmentation and lasts well on the lips. 

When I was back in the UK in August, my Husband went to Sephora and grabbed a few bits and pieces for me as a little welcome home present when I returned. (Bless him.) One of the items he bought was the Sephora Ultra Shine Lip Gel in shade 24, Coral Confession. I'll admit, I would have never picked this out for myself, however I absolutely love this gloss. It has a decent colour-payoff, a coral pink with a warm shimmer to it, it's long-lasting, isn't sticky or tacky on the lips and applies evenly. In terms of lip gloss, this is one of the better ones that I've tried and I'd highly recommend this shade. 

Finally for beauty items, I bought a set of the Fleur Loves Eylure lashes whilst I was in the UK and I've been really enjoying using them. They are a 3/4 length style which I prefer as I tend to cut my lash strips down anyway - this saves me a job. They're not too dramatic but add a nice depth to the lashes and the tapered length really helps to make the eyes appear larger. 

Makeup Swatches L to R - Chanel Soleil Tan De Chanel, Sephora Ultra Shine Lip Gel 204 Coral Confession and Huda Beauty Lip Contour in Trophy Wife

Finally, onto two non-beauty items that I've been loving this month - and they're both Netflix series:

Stranger Things - I know most people will have seen or heard of this by now but I was very late to the party - which did result in me binge-watching the entire series in a matter of days. #NoShame. Through not wanting to spoil it for those that haven't seen it, I'll keep it brief. The main storyline revolves around a young boy that has gone missing from his small town home, under unusual circumstances. His friends and family are trying to get to the bottom of what has happened, despite government corruption and other obstacles getting in their way. It's a definite must-watch!

Another must-watch show that I've just finished is Touch. There are two series and the story revolves around a young, autistic child that has an unusual interest in numbers, he's also never spoken a word in his life. One day, his Dad makes a connection between the numbers his son writes and real-life events that are occurring. He discovers that his son is able to predict the future - and so the plot unfolds. 

What have you been loving throughout September? Have you watched any good shows on Netflix lately? Leave me your comments below.  

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Life in Excess | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig