Friday 30 May 2014

I have a secret...


My name is Kirsty and I have a secret... I am a closet blogger. Not as, I write blog posts in my closet; but a closet blogger in the fact that I haven't told any of my friends and family about this little thing I have going on here. The only person that knows I own a blog is my lovely other half, who is super supportive, and well... all you beauts that read it! So I suppose it's not my best kept secret; but it's a secret all the same.

I'm sure you're wondering why I have kept things hush from my nearest and dearest, and I suppose I'm not 100% sure of the reasons why either; but just now, I kinda like that it's my own little piece of pie that's just sitting there all for me. Selfish much? I guess I don't really mean it to be. I'm quite a confident and outgoing person and I do feel proud of myself when I finally patch together a post from the swirling mass of shit I have got going on up there in my head. But I just don't want to shout it from the rooftops yet. I have days where I think, who the hell cares about what lipstick I'm wearing today and I wonder if I should steer towards posts that are more meaningful; but lipstick is meaningful in it's own, fabulous way, right? I get a teensy bit insecure and I wouldn't go as far to say embarrassed; but I don't know how comfortable I feel about opening the gates for my family and friends to come rifling through my page and prodding my posts with a big, obtrusive, opinionated stick! I'm all ears for constructive criticism and all that, I think it's essential to grow and develop in any aspect of life; but I'm not quite ready to take that leap just yet with those closest to me.

I think maybe I'm giving my friends and family a crappy deal, as I know they would be really supportive and no doubt take an interest in what stuff I end up bashing out on my keyboard; however I think I'll continue to hold back for just a little while longer. I'll continue to feel the occasional paranoia that someone I know will stumble across my page and see my cheddar cheese grin staring back at them. To be honest, worst things have happened... And if any of them happen to be reading this post, then high-five to you; you've sussed me out! Sherlock would be proud.

Lots of love...

Kirsty xx
Share:

4 comments

  1. i used to be the complete same!! im still secretive when it comes to my parents and i never post about my blog on facebook! its so odd but i like keeping my blog seperate from my life i guess! i'd love it if youd comment back http://amyelizabethfashion.blogspot.co.uk/2014/05/southbeachsummer-event.html xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe we're all in the same boat... Tiptoeing around and blogging on the sly!? Haha.. Thanks for reading and commenting Amy :)

      xx

      Delete
  2. I started off keeping it quiet, but soon enough it was something I was proud of and wanted to show off. I can understand your concerns and the want to keep it huh hush, but I think you should be proud and say 'HEY EVERYONE LOOK AT MY BLOG', everyone has hobbies, this is yours :)
    x tink x
    allabouttink.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's funny thinking that there are other people out there that have had a similar experience or have felt the same way at some point.. and kinda reassuring I suppose! I know I will share it all sometime soon, I guess I'll just have to pick my moment! Thanks for your lovely comment :) xx

      Delete

© Life in Excess | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig