Thursday 29 May 2014

A little FOTD post...



I'm cheating a little bit here as this is last night's, out for a 'few' drinks face but I thought I would still pop it in a post and give you a quickie on what products I used.

Moisturiser - I always start with a a good ol' moisturiser! Mostly because my skin is drier than a camel's flip flop since moving to Finland. Not good. I'm using a Nivea cream just now as it was the only brand I recognised in my local supermarket; but my all time faves are the Simple creams.

Primer -  After slapping a fair bit of moisturiser on, I let my face dry a bit before applying MAC's prep + prime skin base visage. I have been using this stuff forever! It has a very slight shimmer and leaves your skin feeling super soft. I have also recently starting using the prep + prime colour correcting creme in Illuminate. I've read mixed views on how to use this product; however I like to pop a bit of it along the top of my cheek bones as a sort of highlighter almost.

Concealer - MAC's studio sculpt concealer, patted on gently around my eyes for those pesky dark circles!

Foundation - MAC Mineralize Moisture foundation in NW25. It has good coverage and doesn't dry your skin out.

Highlighter - YSL Touche Eclat (2). This stuff is a god-send, seriously.. Especially if you've had a few too many the night before! I use it along my cheek bones, around the eyes, under the arch on my brows, down the middle of my nose and a little drop on my chin. It really brighten's up your whole face and makes you look like you've slept for a week.

Powder - This one, I am open to recommendations! I have been using Maybelline's FIT me in soft honey; however I think I fancy a change.

Bronzer - MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in medium deep.

Blusher - MAC Mineralize blush in warm soul. I prefer a natural blush and this one is super!

Brows - For my brows I use a brown eyeshadow from a shadow palette I bought on a whim from a salesgirl in a department store. I fill in using Rimmel's eyebrow pencil in dark brown.

Eyeliner - To achieve the flicky eye I have got going on I use a combination of two products. To start, I use Benefit BADgal waterproof liner in black. I apply a little along my upper and lower lash lines and smudge it in a bit using the handy little smudgey bit on the end of the liner. Next I use Bourjois Liner Feutre felt tip eyeliner to create the little flicks as it's so much easier to get a clean line with this product.

Mascara - I curled my eyelashes before applying lashings of MAC Opulash in bad, bad black.

Lips - I can sometimes find red lippie a bit tricky and struggled for ages to find a shade a felt comfortable with wearing. The one I'm wearing here is MAC lustre in cockney. It has tiny shimmery bits in it and isn't too harsh a red, which I like.


There you have it folks! Whilst, writing this, I discovered I probably have a bit of an obsession with MAC products... just a bit!  Anyway, what products do you love to use/swear by? And fire away with those powder recommendations!

Kirsty xx

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Life in Excess | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig