Thursday 24 December 2015

NYX Continued

Can we all just take a minute to let the fact that it's Christmas Eve sink in a little? 

There's a very strong chance that I'm pyjama-ed up at home with my family, watching crappy Christmas TV and drinking down some holiday spirits... because it's 5 o' clock somewhere, right?

Several weeks ago, I dipped my toes into the NYX pond for the first time. You can read about the purchases I made here but it wasn't long before I found myself in the 'drugstore' again, throwing more NYX items into my shopping basket. 

And that's where I discovered a new life partner!

NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream Review, NYX HD Blush Review, NYX Butter Gloss Review

NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream Review, NYX HD Blush Review, NYX Butter Gloss Review

NYX Swatches and Review
Eclair, Abu Dhabi, Nude Pink and Summer Blush

I opted for a variety of products. 

I picked up another Soft Matte Lip Cream in the shade Abu Dhabi because it would have been rude not to - plus it wasn't in stock the first time around. It's a true nude shade with brown undertones. Stockholm is similar, however slightly more pink. The difference is enough to justify owning both, although I do think that Abu Dhabi is slightly more flattering to wear.

I also opted for another Lip Liner in the shade Nude Pink. I'll say it again, these lip pencils are fab! The price is SO right. They're creamy, apply well and are long-lasting. Nude Pink is exactly what it says on the stick. It's a gorgeous dusty rose colour which compliments several lipsticks that I own. 

Next up is a Butter Gloss Lipgloss in the shade Eclair. I didn't swatch this in store but I wish I had. It's much more of a cool-toned pink than the packaging would have you believe. There's definitely a lavender/blue undertone vibe to this gloss and I typically struggle to pull these shades off. You can definitely layer this gloss up to get a more opaque finish but a couple of swipes gives me enough pink to work with. I don't love it though. I'm fussy with glosses and I find the formula of this to be quite thick and heavy wearing.  

Finally, we have the star of the show - NYX High-Definition Blush in the shade Summer. I don't love the juvenile bow clasp on the packaging but I can overlook that considering what you get inside, which is quite frankly, the most crazy pigmented blusher I have ever used!

It's a one tap wonder. 

We'll talk appearances first. It's a beautiful coral pink blush with a very subtle, golden sheen. It has a slight NARS Orgasm about it - if Orgasm amped itself up several notches and toned down the shimmer. 

Back to pigmentation, you're going to want to go in with the lightest of hands on this blusher. I literally dab the pan with my brush and tap off any excess before going anywhere near my face. It wears well for several hours before fading and I'm already planning on snapping up every other shade that NYX sell. 

Have you tried anything from NYX yet? What do you think of these products and is there anything that you would recommend for me to try?

I hope you're all having a wonderful Christmas Eve and the big man brings you everything you're hoping for. 
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Life in Excess | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig