Tuesday 8 December 2015

Black Is The New Black

I bought new things, all of which are black. There's not a hint of a sequin or jewel-hued party wear to be found here so you'd be forgiven for checking out early.

Always seasonally appropriate, or at least in my view, black is pretty much a staple in my wardrobe. You can insert a joke about the colour of my soul if you wish but you're never going to tear me away from my black skinny jeans. The love runs deep. 

Women's Fashion - Black Style

Admittedly, I'm over ripped denim. I was a key participant in the torn-up trews parade over the past 12 months, but I finally decided I needed to revert back to adult denim - sans rips. The Molly jeggings from River Island fit the bill. I'm not a lover of the jegging, particularly those that have the simple, elasticated waistband that are perfectly designed to allow a muffin-top to form with ease. No, I like structure. A button, zip and enough sucking in power to keep me from spilling out of my trousers in an ungodly fashion. The Molly jeggings deliver. Plus they're a true black denim, which isn't always easy to find. Here's hoping the colour survives a wash or two!

I also bought two items from Zara, a store with which I have a love/hate relationship. Mostly due to the fact that it can be so hit and miss. The current stock is ticking boxes for me so I picked up a lightweight jacket and a fringed top

As the weather is cooling off in the UAE, a light jacket is an essential for me in the evening. The tasselled top is considerably more flattering than you'd be led to believe. It's a cropped style but not indecently so and still covers the tum sufficiently when paired with high-waisted trousers or a skirt. 

Finally, the shoes are a slightly older purchase from ASOS but I thought I'd include them anyway as they are A) Fabulous and B) Fit well with the theme I've inadvertently got going on.

Anyone with an annoying husband needs razor-sharp, studded pumps to make idle threats with.

Thoughts? 
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Life in Excess | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig