Tuesday 1 December 2015

Bath & Body Works Christmas Candles

Hands up, who had advent calendar chocolate for breakfast this morning?

If you follow me at all on Twitter or Snapchat, (effortlesslyexc) you may have seen me bleating about the Bath & Body Works Christmas candles that I purchased over the weekend. I went in for a 'browse' and walked away with six, three-wick candles... as you do! 

Bath & Body Works Christmas Candles Review

Bath & Body Works Christmas Candles Review

If you only listen to one thing I say today, it's that you NEED the Twisted Peppermint candle.

Think mint humbugs, sticky candy canes... sweet, sugary minty-ness, and you're on the right track. I was skeptical before I gave this a sniff. I'm not a lover of minty scents but believe me when I say this is something else. I bought two, which would have been three if my husband hadn't given me the whole, 'You do know Christmas isn't a year-long celebration, right?!' 

Merry Cookie is a to-die-for biscuity, cookie-dough scent and Pumpkin Gingerbread has warm, cinnamon undertones. It's probably the most typically Christmassy candle of the bunch.

I'm not sure if Marshmallow Fireside is part of the festive candle range or if it's an Autumnal offering, but it's a subtle, grown-up version of sugary marshmallows. It isn't overly sweet or too sickly as these fragrances can sometimes be. 

Now that our Christmas tree is up and the fairy lights are twinkling around my windows, I've been burning these candles non-stop. Not that I really needed an excuse.

As I'm sitting here typing this post, I've got Merry Cookie and Twisted Peppermint burning away in the background. My whole apartment smells like Santa's workshop... and I'm pretty happy about that fact!

Do you love to buy Christmas candles for the holiday season? Do you have any festive favourites?

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Life in Excess | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig