Wednesday 16 December 2015

A Life-Changing Foundation?

I hate shopping for foundation. It doesn't matter how many reviews you read, or swatches you ponder over, when it comes to foundation, the proof is in the pudding. Only when you've smeared it all over your face, will you know if it works for you and whilst you can be pretty confident when purchasing a foundation that has been praised over and over, there's still the off chance that it just won't work out.

Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation Review


The Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation was a product that had been on my radar for quite some time. My ears prick up whenever I hear of a dewy-finish foundation that has good amounts of coverage and I knew that this was going to be one for me to try.

It was only whilst passing through Duty Free a few weeks ago, that I decided to bite the bullet and grab myself a bottle. No messing around with samples here. I felt confident that I was going to love it and after a quick colour match, (4.5 for anyone that is interested) I handed over my money without a moment's hesitation. 

I have mixed feelings about 'hyped up' products. On the one hand, I like to know that what I'm buying is likely to be good, but I often find myself going in with too-high of an expectation, and on occasion, I'm left feeling disappointed.

With one swift, buffering motion, I fell completely in love with the Luminous Silk foundation. It was everything I'd hoped for, and some...

The colour-match was flawless, the formula - hydrating and full of moisture; blended seamlessly into my skin and whilst the finish is definitely dewy, it isn't overly so or greasy-looking. The scent is inoffensive and barely-there, which for some people, is a worthy point. The coverage is medium to almost full with layering. It's buildable without being cakey and I don't know if this is my love for this product speaking here, but everything else I apply afterwards just seems to sit better on my face. 

It is hands down, the best foundation I have ever used and if you've been considering this one for some time, like me, I would really recommend you try to get hold of a sample so you can experience it for yourself. 

I have a feeling that Luminous Silk and I have a long journey together ahead of us. Right now, I can't even contemplate using anything else on my skin. I really do hope this love affair lasts.

Have you found the foundation 'one' yet? Have you tried Giorgio Armani's Luminous Silk Foundation, if so, what are your thoughts?

If you want to see me wearing the Luminous Silk Foundation, take a look at my recent, Holiday Make Up Look Post. 

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Life in Excess | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig