Sunday 13 December 2015

Holiday Make Up Look: Red & Gold

I always feel ridiculously self-conscious when it comes to these posts. There's something unnerving about publishing a high-definition, close up image of your face on the internet - unruly brows and all!

However, I have been trying to mix up my make up routine lately, shelving my neutral shadows and busting out something a little bolder now and again. 

After listening to Mariah Carey on repeat, I couldn't resist indulging in a little holiday cheer - all over my face. I whipped out a sparkly gold eye shadow and set about creating this shimmery, red and gold holiday eye make up look. 

Let me know what you think!




Here's a list of products used, (I'll link to product reviews where applicable):

Face: 

Primer - Smashbox Photo Finish Primer Water
Foundation - Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation
Concealer - Urban Decay Naked Skin Concealer
Powder - Bobbi Brown Sheer Finish Powder in Soft Sand
Bronzer - Makeup Revolution Ultra Sculpt & Contour Kit (Matte Shade)
Blusher - MAC Margin Blush
Highlight - We Care Icon Perfect Nude Luminizer
Setting Spray - Urban Decay Chill Makeup Setting Spray

Eyes:

Primer - Eyelids primed using Urban Decay concealer and set using Bobbi Brown Finishing Powder.
Base Shadow - Makeup Geek Peach Smoothie
Transitional - Makeup Geek Creme Brulee
Crease and Outer Corner Shadows - Inglot 450, Makeup Geek Burlesque and Makeup Geek Bitten.
Inner Corner - Estee Lauder Pure Colour Cyber Gold Eyeshadow
Lower Lids - Mix of Creme Brulee and Bitten towards the outer corner and Cyber Gold on the inner corner.
Brow Bone Highlight - Inglot 395
Mascara - Maybelline Lash Sensational
Eyeliner - Rimmel Scandaleyes Liner in Black 
False Eyelashes - Eylure 070 Pre-Glued Lashes - I seriously would not recommend these lashes at all. They didn't stay put and I ended up tearing them off after an hour. 

Brows:

Brow Pencil - NYX Micro Brow Pencil in Chocolate

Lips:

Lipstick - MAC Matte Lipstick in Mehr


Will you be trying out any holiday make up looks this year or do you like to keep things simple? Let me know what you think in the comments below. 
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Life in Excess | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig