Sunday 17 January 2016

An Update

Hello everyone. It's been a while since I sat down and had a non-specific chit chat about life and general happenings so grab a coffee, cup of tea, pitcher of wine, (no judgement here) and let's get cracking.


First up, earlier this week there was a glorious moment in which I discovered that someone had found my blog based on these search terms:


The inner child in me found it highly amusing, although, I'm left rather confused as to A. The type of person that searches such things on Google and B. How or why they ended up on my blog? 

Side note: I don't condone shitting on, around or near to ones husband, just an FYI.

I'm often tempted to litter my blog posts with random words, just to garner weird and wonderful search results. Fetish. Perhaps we can run a trial period and see what happens?

Thoughts?

Okay so moving on...

I'm probably about to come out with the biggest #firstworldproblem ever, but guys, I'm so over the Abu Dhabi 'winter!' 

Okay, okay... I know, it's still 20+ degrees outside and those of you sucking it up in the quintessentially British downpours will be giving me some seriously pissed side glances right now, but my scarf-wearing days are done and I'm ready to melt/bake thyself in glorious sunshine. 

In all seriousness, I'm currently sleeping with a hot water bottle, despite my husband's claims that I'm being, 'ridiculous.' 

So yeah, hurry up Summer!*

*Please can we remind me of this statement in July because there's a pretty significant chance I'll actually be melting/complaining about melting. 

So now we come to the point of my impending birthday. 

When did birthdays become less about balloons and 'fun times,' and more about sitting in a dark room, wrapped in a blanket and wondering what the implications of falsifying your age on official documents would be?

Sadly, I've even reached the point where I can't quite recall how old I am immediately when someone asks. I don't know if this is a sign of my wilting cognitive ability or just my mind's denial that I'm no longer in my early twenties. 

Friday marks another step closer to the big 3.0. and a day in which I'm going to show my body who's boss and stuff her so full of food and alcohol that she's tricked into believing I'm still a 21 year old student. 

Wish me luck!
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Life in Excess | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig