Monday 4 January 2016

What I Got For Christmas 2015

Yes, I am alive. Several pounds heavier and with alcohol-ravaged skin - but alive nonetheless!

I took the whole festive period off and put my blog on the back burner so that I could enjoy some much needed quality time with my family. It was great not be tied to my laptop for a change but now I'm back and ready to hit the ground running in 2016. 

I wasn't planning on writing a, 'What I got for Christmas' post. I published one last year, and over the last few days, I've noticed an influx of page views on my What I got for Christmas 2014 post so I thought to hell with it, I'd grab my camera and take a few snaps of the wonderful gifts I was very lucky to receive this year.

What I Got For Christmas 2015

Anyone who knows me, knows that I'm a huge fan of The White Company's Seychelles scent. I received the room spray and candles last year as well as candles and a body wash set this year - all with the same citrusy, bergamot and coconut fragrance. If you have yet to discover the Seychelles range from The White Company, I seriously urge you to track it down. It's a must have for me. 

I was lucky enough to receive quite a few make up items this year. On my list was the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Palette as I'd been lusting after it for so long. I also received some Dior products, a Makeup Geek blusher pan, the Smashbox #ShapeMatters palette and a set of Morphe make up brushes.

Christmas wouldn't be Christmas without a few Lush items thrown in for good measure. My mum also did a great job in supporting my pj habit by giving me a set of super cute Moomin pyjamas - which are a lovely reminder of my time in Finland, some very comfy fleecy trews and a fluffy blanket!

Skincare wise, I received a set of Decleor treats, a box of Soap and Glory goodies and a limited edition Liz Earle Pink Pepper and Mint Cleanse and Polish. My dad also buys us all a bottle of Chanel perfume every year and a scratch card - which I actually won £50 on! I never win anything so I guess there's a first time for everything. 

I also received a beautiful Ted Baker travel wallet, a healthy cookbook (which I'm SO in need of!) a set of coasters with Scott and I's engagement and wedding photographs on, a couple of diaries and journals, a mug with a picture of my guinea pigs on (yes, really) and a snazzy bottle of vodka - as if I need any more encouragement to whip out the clear spirits. 

Every year I'm so grateful for the thought and the effort that my family put into gift-giving. I feel very fortunate. That aside, being able to fly home and have family fly out to see us is the icing on the cake for me. Living away from home can be challenging at times and I love nothing more than getting to spend quality time with the people that mean the most to me. This year was a special one for Scott and I as it was our first time home after the wedding and it was so nice to catch up with people who were there to see us get married. We jetted off straight after the big day and so catching up over a glass or six of wine was the perfect way to see out the year.

I really hope that you all had a fantastic festive period, that you got to create special memories with your loved ones and that you received some lovely gifts to boot. I know it's a bit of a bloggers cliche to state that this post is in no way intended to be braggy, but I'd hope that you guys know me way better than that! I just hope you enjoy having a little peek at what I received this year as I know I really enjoy reading these posts. 

Let me know what you got up to over the festive period and what gifts you were lucky enough to receive this year. Also, did you give any special prezzies out this year?

I seem to buy Scott football boots for Christmases and birthdays, far too often! 
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Life in Excess | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig