Friday 29 January 2016

January Favourites

I don't typically publish monthly favourites posts, even though they are some of the posts I most look forward to reading. 

With the new year and my increased efforts to be more, 'blog-organised' I decided that I would push myself to post a monthly favourites round-up at the end of each month this year - and I say 'push' because we all know I have a tendency to forget what it is that I'm supposed to be doing half of the time.

Those three diaries I received for Christmas are starting to make much more sense now, aren't they!

January Beauty Favourites Including Dior, Hourglass and MAC

So, kicking off my first ever January Favourites post is a lip product that I have been obsessed with - and that's probably an understatement. 

I had the YSL Volupte Tint-In Oil Shade No. 5, delivered to my home in the UK so that I could pick it up whilst I was home for the holidays. When I lived in Finland, I spent weeks trying to track this particular shade down but it was always out of stock and I quickly forgot about it. Thankfully, I came across it again online and decided to pop it in my basket. I haven't looked back since. This lip product is hands down, UHmazing! Think glossy, soft pink, my lips but way better territory and you're on the right track. I fully intend to pen a complete review soon, along with another YSL lip product that I picked up, so watch this space.

Next up is an oldie but a goldie. MAC Margin Blush is one of my all-time favourite products - ever! It's the perfect soft peach with a subtle hint of shimmer. The kind of shade that speaks to my soul. Along with my glossy YSL lips, I've been going for more fresh-faced, spring appropriate make up more recently and this blush has been my number one.

In keeping with the fresh-faced theme, another product that I have absolutely been loving using through January is the Hourglass Ambient Lighting palette. This is the most beautifully, natural-looking powder I have ever used and it really does give my skin that healthy glow. It's a must have, must-use, must slap all over my face product for me. 

Nail wise, I've been a little rubbish this month as I've been 'resting' my nails from polish and falsies because my nails tend to damage really easily but when I make the effort, all I've wanted to reach for is the Dior Diorlisse Abricot Nail Polish in 800 Rose Des Neiges/Snow Pink. It's the perfect pink for those that don't do pink. White almost with a very subtle, very pretty pinkish hue. Absolutely love this stuff. 

This month my Urban Decay concealer has taken a back seat and I've found myself reaching for the Collection Lasting Perfection concealer in Fair, (and occasionally Cool Medium.) I was skeptical of the hype around this concealer and in all honesty, I didn't love it when I first tried it out but whilst I was back in the UK I ended up walking away from Boots with four tubes of the stuff, (don't even ask) and I've been using it non-stop this month. 

Last, but by no means least is the Seychelles Bath and Shower Gel by The White Company. I've waffled on about my love for the Seychelles scent many a time on this blog. It's my absolute fave and I've been hooked on the candles for a long time. Scott's sister kindly bought me a set of Seychelles goodies for Christmas and this gorgeous shower gel was included. It smells exactly like the candles, so fresh and Summery. It lathers generously and the scent lingers on my skin for hours afterwards. I can't get enough of this at the moment.

What have you guys been loving this month - Do you have any January favourites? 

Have you tried any of these products and/or what are your thoughts on my first monthly picks?

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Life in Excess | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig