Wednesday 20 January 2016

Smashbox #Shapematters - A Multi-Tasking Face Palette

Smashbox is a brand that I don't have an awful lot of experience with. A little under six months ago, I fell head over heels for their Photo Finish Primer Water and haven't looked back since.

When I received the #Shapematters palette as a Christmas Present, I was super excited to try it out and get to grips with a number of different products, across the Smashbox range.

Smashbox #Shapematters Palette Review & Swatches
Smashbox #Shapematters Palette Review & Swatches

The #Shapematters palette is a multi-purpose set, featuring all you need to perfectly sculpt and contour your brows, cheeks and eyes. The palette includes nine eye shadows, a mixture of mattes and shimmers, four sculpting powders - a contour, bronzer, matte highlight and a glow highlight, plus two brow powders and a clear brow wax.

It's essentially all the powder products you need for your face, bar a decent blush. 

Smashbox #Shapematters Palette Review & Swatches

The eye shadows are a lovely mix of neutrals. The matte shades aren't the most pigmented but they're soft to apply and blend easily on the lids. The shimmers are stunning. They are creamy and feel almost spongy in the pan. Not quite a cream shadow but a super buttery powder. The olive green shimmer shade is to die for and the matte pinky mauve (Top row, second shadow) is beautiful in the crease.

Smashbox #Shapematters Palette Review & Swatches
Left to right - Contour, Bronzer, Matte Highlight, Glow Highlight  Far Right - Brow Powders.

The sculpting powders are also smooth and creamy. They lend themselves to being perfect eye shadows too and there's nothing to say they can't be used as such. The same applies for the brow powders. 

The contour powder is perfectly balanced - not too cool or too warm. I feel like it's a shade that would suit a lot of people; although it may be a little dark for those with very fair skin. 

The bronzer is a little warm for my current skin tone but I feel like I'll get a lot more use out of it in the Summer months. For now, it's proving to be a stunning crease eye shadow. 

The matte highlight is okay, but the real winner is the glow powder. It's exciting, and that's a big understatement. The glow highlight is a very frosty, pale gold/beige and is gorgeous on the skin. Think inner glow. I've been buffing this all over my face and basking in the fact that I look like a misplaced Christmas decoration. 

When it comes to brow products, I'm not the biggest fan of powders and these are a touch too light for my liking. That's not to say they don't blend well, I just like a bold brow and my feelings are pretty hard to budge on that one. Again, as I feel like I'm continually bleating on in this review, these powders make great crease/transitional eye shadows. You've gotta love a mutli-tasker!

The packaging is also worth a special mention, and yes, whilst it shows up every speck of dust and smudged fingertip, it houses an enormous mirror and you get a fab, double-ended shadow/brow brush to boot. 

This kit is perfect for anyone wanting to try a variety of products from Smashbox or for those who love a multi-purpose palette to travel with. I've been reaching for it regularly since I received it. Here's to the beginning of a new, Smashbox love affair.

Have you tried any products from Smashbox? If so, are there any items that you'd highly recommend? What are your thoughts on the #Shapematters palette?
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Life in Excess | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig