Sunday 19 June 2016

BECCA Cosmetics - Opal and Camellia


Yes, the above title still gives me little tingly feelings. Ever since Laura (BuyNowBlogLater) snapped about the cult, Aussie brand making its way to the UAE, I was poised in anticipation, waiting for stock to drop in Abu Dhabi. And it finally has - In YAS Mall's Sephora!

I tried to act all nonchalant as I walked in but quickly dissolved into a fit of girlish squeals once I clapped eyes on the stand itself. YAS Sephora is only carrying a small amount of stock currently. There's the infamous highlighters in powder, cream and liquid forms, the luminous blushes and in all honesty, not much else noteworthy. I'm hoping Sephora are looking to expand their counters soon as I can't wait to get stuck into the foundations and primers.

Anway, waffle aside, after swatching everything, I bought these two.

BECCA Opal and Camellia Swatches and Review, Where to buy BECCA in the UAE
BECCA Opal and Camellia Swatches and Review, Where to buy BECCA in the UAE
First up is the BECCA Luminous Blush in Camellia. When I saw the Luminous Blush shades at the counter, my initial thought was that they all appeared to be scary-looking. They are bright, and pigmented and I was sure none of them would suit me. I'd already seen Laura, Laura and Stacey profess their love for Camellia and after swatching all of the shades on the back of my hand, that was the one I found myself gravitating towards. 

It applies semi-sheer - which I actually prefer, but still packs a punch in terms of colour. I recommend going in with a light hand as this can become clownish quite quickly. That aside, I think it's a beautiful formula. Dare I say it, this gives off definite 'lit from within' vibes and gives a very youthful, fresh-faced flush to the skin. 

It's a yes from me. 

Now, onto the big fish of all things BECCA. 

The Shimmering Skin Perfectors were sitting pretty at the top of my wishlist. I'd swooned over Champagne Pop, or C-Pop as it's named here, for the longest time but it was Opal that I found myself being drawn to. Although very similar, Opal is a touch darker and a little less yellow than C-Pop. 

The formula of the pressed powders is superior to any highlighting powder that I've tried before. It's buttery soft and almost creamy in texture, and blends out beautifully on the skin. It's by no means a subtle highlight and if you prefer a very natural glow as opposed to a beaming, space-worthy highlight, then you may not love these; however I'm well and truly smitten.

BECCA Opal and Camellia Swatches and Review

Sidenote: I managed to order the BECCA x Jaclyn Hill Champagne Glow Face Palette during the re stock so I'm looking forward to trying it out and seeing how the products compare.  

Have you tried anything from BECCA Cosmetics? If so, which products do you highly recommend and also, is there anything on your wishlist that you'd like to try from BECCA?
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Life in Excess | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig