Friday 10 June 2016

Morphe Brushes Haul


I finally did it. I went and ordered a bunch of new make up brushes from Morphe. 

I've been using the Sigma F80 kabuki foundation brush for the longest time, and love it, but when the bristles started depositing themselves on my face and giving me whiskers that my guinea pigs would be proud of, I decided I needed to get myself a replacement. 

And then because it would be rude to only order a single foundation brush from Morphe, and I had to pay shipping from the US anyway, I ended up walking away with nine brushes and an eye shadow palette. 

Winner.

Morphe Brushes Haul | Life in Excess Blog
Morphe Brushes Haul | Life in Excess Blog
Morphe Brushes Haul | Life in Excess Blog

Top to bottom:

M439 Deluxe Buffer - The brush that inspired this haul. As I mentioned above, I think the Sigma F80 is a fantastic brush but I fancied trying something a little different. I've used this a couple of times already and I'm really enjoying it. The synthetic bristles are densely packed and perfect for buffing liquid foundation into the skin. 

E51 Deluxe Angled Powder/Contour - Although labelled as a contour brush, I thought this would be the perfect blush brush. I feel like it would be too large a brush for me to contour with, personally. It's super fluffy and the angled shape makes it perfect to use on the cheeks. 

E31 Deluxe Flat Buffer - The emergency brush in case I just couldn't get on board with the dome buffer. I haven't tried this one yet but it's almost identical to the Sigma F80, except the E31 has a larger handle. 

M427 Tapered Duo Blush - A duo fibre brush that I intend to use with my cream blushers. I'm never sure of the best way to apply cream blushes, (and I hate doing it with my fingers) but I remember reading somewhere that a duo fibre brush is perfect for this. It's a good size brush so I'll be sure to let you know how it works for me. 

M501 Pro Pointed Blender - I've seen several people rave about this brush for highlighting purposes so I thought I'd grab myself one. It's the perfect size and shape for dusting powder highlight across the tops of the cheekbones. 

E11 Angled Brow - I feel like I need a new brow pomade/cream in my life (suggestions?) and bought this brush in preparation for a purchase. I have couple of angled brushes but one I use for gel liner and the other is fluffier so I use it for brow powders. I love that the bristles aren't too thick so it produces nice, sharp strokes. 

E17 Crease Precision Blender - Because you can never have too many eye brushes, basically. 

E40 Eyelash Fan - I think I made a brain fart when I ordered this brush as I have no idea what I'm supposed to use this for. I intended on getting one of the larger, fluffier fan brushes for highlighting but this has short, firm bristles. Any guesses?

M224 Oval Camouflage - I use these concealer-type, synthetic brushes to apply my shimmer eye shadows and pigments. I have the MAC 242 so this is just a spare. 

I'm so impressed with the quality of these brushes considering that the prices range from $2.99 to $13.99 (around £2 to £9.50.) They're extremely affordable and I'm looking forward to getting a lot of use out of them. 

I also picked up the infamous Morphe 35O eye shadow palette because, well, I couldn't not. I was surprised to find it in stock as it always seems to be sold out - it was clearly a sign. If you'd like me to review the palette and give you my thoughts on it, let me know in the comments section below. 

What are your thoughts on Morphe Brushes? Have you tried them at all or do you have another go-to brand for make up brushes? 

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Life in Excess | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig