Wednesday 22 June 2016

The Must-Have Morphe 35O Palette


I feel like this eye shadow palette is old news. Yes, trying to get your hands on one is like trying to find an uncut diamond in your Cheerios but, surprisingly, I managed to nab one by chance whilst I was ordering some new make up brushes (haul post here) from Morphe's online store in the U.S.

So, thoughts?

Morphe 35O Palette Review and Swatches

It's really, very good. Considering how quickly this sells out whenever it comes into stock, I had high expectations and although it's a budget product, ($22.99 or around £16 for the 35-shadow set) it performs much more in line with a higher quality palette. 

There's a mix of warm, neutral shadows ranging from lighter base colours to warm transitionals and darker, chocolatey browns. I feel like Morphe did a really great job with the shade selection in the 35O palette. With the lack of a black shadow to one side, there's everything you need to create a warm, smokey eye.  There's a good selection of mattes as well as various shimmers including some beautiful, firey copper shades. The pigmentation is very good, although there's inconsistencies throughout the shades, with some of the mattes not performing as well as others, but as a whole, these shadows provide excellent colour payoff with the shimmer/foiled shades being real standouts. 

Morphe 35O Palette Review and Swatches

The shadows do kick up a bit in the pan and there is some fallout but the fact that these shadows apply evenly and are long-lasting on the lids means I'm happy to overlook any minor niggles. 

One thing I will say is that the packaging is very flimsy and, well.. cheap. I'd be surprised if it was travel-friendly and to be honest, I wouldn't risk it. There's also no internal mirror, depsite the palette's size being large enough to accommodate one. As a budget palette, I can understand that cutting certain corners helps to keep costs down but I would happily pay a bit extra for something sturdier. 

Has anyone had any luck depotting these shadows? I'd love to be able to stick these in a Z Palette. 

All in all, I think the 35O is a must-have if you're looking for an all encompassing, bargain warm eye shadow palette. It would make a great starter palette for someone just beginning to build up their make up collection or if, like me, you're just a moth to a neutral eye shadow flame. I'm thoroughly enjoying using it and if you manage to find it in stock, I'd recommend trying to nab one for yourself. 

Have you tried the Morphe 35O palette? If so, what are your thoughts? Let me know what you think in the comment section below. 

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Life in Excess | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig